Beckman Coulter

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Good place workwise

Current Employee - Staff Software Development Engineer in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Staff Software Development Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Beckman Coulter as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice team members. Management is accommodative for your reasons and has faith in its team.

Cons

Working is legacy systems which means very less chance to work in new technologies.

Good.

302 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

After a year away - I know what I really think

Former Employee - Senior Clinical Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Clinical Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There's never a lack of entertaining he said she said drama spewing out from the cauldron. Enjoy!

Cons

Long hours, complete lack of appreciation, limited upward mobility (even for nationally recognized top performers!), immature political games by senior management, insecure and incompetent leadership, bunk management methodologies reliant on half-baked metrics that only make sense when viewed with a third-grade-level-of-math-mentality. R&D is recycling of 20+ year old technology and the competition is RAPIDLY capitalizing on this obvious lack of innovation. Lastly - all levels of management fib a LOT... which sums it up well.

Let me sum it up a little better. Out of 15 employees I kept in touch with - all of which worked at the company for at LEAST 5 years and upwards of 20 - have left since I did in 2013. Unless you're a salmon, you should follow the current my friends and NOT APPLY.

Give up and close the company. You'll do all the patients in the facilities your equipment resides in a huge favor. There's no hope. You don't value your product, employees, or customers. Why are you in business?

Good company regaining its footing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good engineering organization, you have opportunities to develop and contribute, and it's a great mission: improving the human condition through life science research and diagnostics.

Cons

The company is going through considerable change as part of the Danaher acquisition. You have to be productive, agile, and committed to succeed. Not for "coasters."

Continue to build trust with your organizations and lead by example. You guys walk the talk. You just need to be visible and support your line managers through changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter