Become.com

www.become.com
There are newer employer reviews for Become.com

Great team of people - respect work/life balance - very focused on customer success

Current Employee - Account Management in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Account Management in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Become.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company leadership really cares about our merchant customers' success - which is both refreshing and makes my job easier and more fun. Much better than my previous company.
Good perks - fun parties each season, yummy free snacks in the kitchen
Supportive technology team always has time to answer my questions
We actually make money (unlike many other startups)
Good benefits
Executives explain thins in an easy to understand way. I have access to the CEO, CFO and really anyone I want to talk with.
Supportive and flexible atmosphere - I'm trusted to get my work done without being micro managed
Getting more access to other employees in Europe and Japan, which is interesting for me as that's the first time I've worked with employees in other countries.
Overall very happy with team and situation

Cons

I wish I got more vacation - fairly standard amount
Not growing as fast as some other hi-tech companies here in Silicon Valley
Office location not ideal - I need to drive to get lunch
I sometimes wish we had a larger team to create more opportunities to socialize (good people, just wish there were MORE of them)

Encourage more work internationally. We have really smart people in other countries.
Celebrate accomplishments more!!

26 Other Employee Reviews for Become.com (View Most Recent)

A fun, friendly and exciting environment that's constantly trying to make improvements

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Become.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere is incredible. One of the few places I've worked where I'm excited to be at everyday. Everyone is friendly and it's a great learning experience. The new leadership team is very hands on and shows interest in taking Become to the next step.

Cons

It can be easy to get distracted and sometimes you can feel overwhelmed with some of many projects and tasks going on.

Continue to look for new avenues to improve Become.com's core business. Don't be afraid to try something new and different.

Fantastic company and fantastic people to help start career

Current Employee - SEO Associate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - SEO Associate in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Become.com as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I have loved every second working at this company, from the interview all the way until today, as I write this review. I feel bad reading some of the other reviews, especially ones from the old interns, because I have never felt more valued or respected as an employee until I started this job here.

What I love most about it is the career opportunities. As an intern, I've been able to not only get a jump start on my career, but essentially a guarantee that I will find work even after my internship is over. Every intern that I've had the pleasure of working with has left because they either found a great job at another company, or they have found something very promising within our company. The point of an internship is to allow yourself to grow, so by moving onto something else, Become helped us and guided us to "become" something even better. (pun intended)

Jumping off of that, one thing that Become has done absolutely right from the very beginning is have a fantastic intern program. There is an amazing structure; I feel dedicated and I feel like my work means something whenever I accomplish it. I get great feedback and one-on-one treatment with the people who work directly above me. There's very open communication and I'm never afraid to ask questions either. There are designated projects, there's weekly meetings, there's rewards, I can't say anymore good things because I'm going to start running out of positive words to say.

One great aspect of the company that I love are the "fun days" that we get. I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but every season (winter, summer, fall, etc.) there is some type of day where we all get a full day's worth of pay to go to an event paid for BY the company. We even all got to see "The Avengers" for free on the day that it came out, that's just one example. We've gone to lakes, and have Christmas parties and anything else that people suggest. I've never heard of a company doing that before and I'm not sure I ever will.

Someone else mentioned that the management never "bothers" to know the interns names. this person never specified what they meant by management but I don't see how that would be relevant considering that people who are in upper management are not in the SEO department. So someone like the CFO not knowing my name is slightly understandable. The people who are full-time though that are directly above us ALL know our names.

Comparing this to other internship experiences, and I have had one other at a very large company (Cisco), I felt completely under-appreciated there. They don't utilize their new-hires at all and their internship program is laughable because they ultimately end up doing nothing with them. So comparing the worst to the best, I would say that this is worlds different.

Putting all of this aside, nothing is better here than the fantastic employees. Every person is a wonder to work with and I feel like I've made some true friends while working here. If anyone were to leave, that would be the hardest part because I've never worked with a greater group of individuals.

It's hard to summarize the incredible experience I've had over the past six months but if there was one word that I could use to describe it, that's what I would say. Incredible.

Cons

I do wish that we were slightly compensated more. While I enjoy all the work that I do, I just think that considering the amount, time and effort that I put into all of my work, it should be worth more than what I'm currently getting paid. That's the only reason why I'm taking off one star :)

Keep doing what you're doing, and thank you for making such an amazing internship program :)

There are newer employer reviews for Become.com