www.bedbathandbeyond.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Flexible hours
Work well with school schedule
Team work is great

Cons

If you are cannot multitask, then this place might be a bit overwhelming.
Expect you to finish tasks in a short time period
If you are not full time be expected to work weekends
Can be overwhelming if you are the only one working in a particular section: for example, if you are working on the soft side of the store with a phone call and needed for back up cashier and have multiple costumers waiting for help. Can be a bit stressful, but does not happen often.

Allow time for tasks to be completed.

888 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

TREATS CUSTOMERS FAR BETTER THAN EMPLOYEES

Current Employee - Department Lead in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

I love working here only because i love the store and the pay. I have been here over 6 years and have worked m,y 3 percent raises up over 6 years that i like my pay better then starting all over. I like how we treat our customers and no matter what we wont say NO to any customer, they are treated with dignity and respect. If I had to shop anywhere it would be here!

Cons

The district staff will never even act like they know you much less say good job! I have been with the company over 6 years and have never even had the district manager say hello he walks right past me im lucky if i get a smile i see him 2-3 times a week for over 6 years now. They say they have an open door policy not true right now i am fearful writing this that somehow they will accuse someone for writing this! If I had one wish it wouild be to talk with the CEO and let him know how us hourly employees are treated they would get so much more positive results if there was not so much fear involved. The managers and store managers are so scared of getting yelled at yes yelled at that they put so much responsibility on us the hourly employees. I have been here over 6 years and have only seen 1 person become full time everyone else is part time. They always tell us we are replaceable! I guarantee you that if the district staff would give the store managers p[positive feedback they would in turn be proud and then give there managers positive feedback and in turn the managers would give the department heads positive feedback and in turn they would be happy with us hourly people. Then when we see customers we are even more happy and helpful. Right now trust me they are not getting half the production they could get if someone just said GOOD JOB!

I guarantee you that if the district staff would give the store managers positive feedback they would in turn be proud and then give there managers positive feedback and in turn the managers would give the department heads positive feedback and in turn they would be happy with us hourly people. Then when we see customers we are even more happy and helpful. Right now trust me they are not getting half the production they could get if someone just said GOOD JOB! You are loosing alot of good honest employees Please someone get on that show undercover boss so you know what we are going through we have so much to say but cant get any higher then hr to say anything there is no open door policy! We are in fear of our jobs! I have seen the big meetings when regional comes in they are not nice or friendly at all they are really mean and degrading to the store mangers and district they only like whoever is in their circle. You are very snobby and act better then us!

Overall, it is a job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Good associates to work with.

Cons

Need to give credit where credit is due to associates.

Need to give credit where credit is due to associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond