There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Pendergrass Ecomm distribution center is a terrible place to work

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Pendergrass, GA
Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Pendergrass, GA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice facility and equipment...nothing else

Cons

Low pay (30% below the industry standard), poor training of employees, unprofessional managers, no advancement, false promises to keep good employees, dangerous work enviroment, sexual harassment from managers, no respect from HR, total lack of direction from upper management. Racial bias in hiring for management positions.

Advice to Management

Reward good employees, post all availiable jobs and pay (be more transparent), change the flirting atmosphere, replace bad managers, HR needs to treat workers with dignity. Hire skilled workers to operate equipment safely. Address safety issues.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Their standards for employees went down the toilet with the economy

Former Employee - Department Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With the right operations manager (and possibly being buddy buddy with them) your scheduling can be very flexible. A few years ago this box would have been a lot fuller, but after six years with this company they no longer value the same things and only care for employees who will nod their heads to orders and put on a fake smile for customers. Also the no longer have great benefits.

Cons

20% of the customers are awesome, 80% are terrible. They abuse the return policy, open up packaging and leave in random places, etc. But that can be expected with many retail jobs. The worst was the direction the company was turning before I left. Less focused on customer service and all about the bottom line. It was very apparent the pressure that was put on all the management from all the way up top to bottom. My store mgr frequently told me he was afraid of loosing his job!

Advice to Management

Stand up to YOUR manager and don't give into all the corporate crap they're shoving down your necks.

A good employer

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is still run on good principles. They do not have a minimum sale number and seems to me to be the only retailer out there that is still not numbers based. The managers are good and mostly competent and the people I worked with were honest and in general happy.

Cons

The only real cons to working at the my location I had were if you didn't fit in very well, then you became slightly ailenated. But I think that would happen no matter where you were working.

Advice to Management

Focus a little more on working with each other rather than turning it into a manager brawl.