There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Would be an ideal job if they'd let me do my job, not everyone else's.

Current Employee - Inventory Control in Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Inventory Control in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have empowerment to actually help the customer.

Cons

Bed Bath & Beyond is slow to promote employees. They do not listen to employees preferences.

Find the strengths and talents and then use those to the best of your ability. Listen to employees who find they are in the wrong position.

832 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Great Pay and benifits

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people that treat you well. Good product to stand behind. They run monthly incentives that are great deals for the employees.

Cons

Long long long hours hardly any breaks no hours for staff. Always want you on the floor which makes it in possible to get the work needed don.

be more realistic at things to be done and time given. I understan hour are hard but it is a must to keep the standards..

Their standards for employees went down the toilet with the economy

Former Employee - Department Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

With the right operations manager (and possibly being buddy buddy with them) your scheduling can be very flexible. A few years ago this box would have been a lot fuller, but after six years with this company they no longer value the same things and only care for employees who will nod their heads to orders and put on a fake smile for customers. Also the no longer have great benefits.

Cons

20% of the customers are awesome, 80% are terrible. They abuse the return policy, open up packaging and leave in random places, etc. But that can be expected with many retail jobs. The worst was the direction the company was turning before I left. Less focused on customer service and all about the bottom line. It was very apparent the pressure that was put on all the management from all the way up top to bottom. My store mgr frequently told me he was afraid of loosing his job!

Stand up to YOUR manager and don't give into all the corporate crap they're shoving down your necks.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond