There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

You'll develop a thick skin, or quit.

Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST  in  Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-There is a great deal of autonomy to help customers.
-Working with brides and new home owners to create registries was the best part of my day. I really enjoyed taking them on what was essentially a guided shopping spree!
-In general my store was in a well to do part of an already lovely small city, so most of the customers were fun to work with, easy to sell to, and very polite.
-Lots of opportunity to move into management since very few people can tolerate the culture of abuse.
-If you're organized you can really shine during Back to School pack and ship season!

Cons

Corporate seems to be stuck in a culture of abuse. I could often hear our DM screaming profanities at our SM and OpsM from downstairs. In one year we saw 6 SMs in our district step down to less stressful dept. manager positions.
Many dept managers were frighteningly lazy and left most of the closing duties to me - I was the CST. I can only pray other stores are better.

Take some courses in anger management, communication, marketing, sales, and management. You'll probably see much less employee turn over. I was part of the team that set and opened my store, but by the time I moved away (and quit rather than transfer) I was the only person left from the original team.

796 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Not as bad as most retail.

Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Bridal Lead/CST in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

While being a big box company, stores are small enough that close-knit relationships between employers are formed.
    Also being a debt free company, you know there is job security.

Cons

One downside to having smaller stores is that the weight usually falls upon the shoulders of a few. Other employees and management will often abuse the fact that you're willing to go the extra mile.

Not a bad part time job.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Warrington, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Warrington, PA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management worked with my college schedule, and nice coworkers.

Cons

Low Pay.
    Limited/Slow advancement opportunities.
    Management doesn't listen to ideas that may improve the way things are done.

Give more advancement opportunities.
    Open your ears to employees who have ideas that can change the store for the better.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!