Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

You'll develop a thick skin, or quit.

Bridal Lead/CST (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

Pros-There is a great deal of autonomy to help customers.
-Working with brides and new home owners to create registries was the best part of my day. I really enjoyed taking them on what was essentially a guided shopping spree!
-In general my store was in a well to do part of an already lovely small city, so most of the customers were fun to work with, easy to sell to, and very polite.
-Lots of opportunity to move into management since very few people can tolerate the culture of abuse.
-If you're organized you can really shine during Back to School pack and ship season!

ConsCorporate seems to be stuck in a culture of abuse. I could often hear our DM screaming profanities at our SM and OpsM from downstairs. In one year we saw 6 SMs in our district step down to less stressful dept. manager positions.
Many dept managers were frighteningly lazy and left most of the closing duties to me - I was the CST. I can only pray other stores are better.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some courses in anger management, communication, marketing, sales, and management. You'll probably see much less employee turn over. I was part of the team that set and opened my store, but by the time I moved away (and quit rather than transfer) I was the only person left from the original team.

Right place, right time

Bridal Lead/CST (Former Employee) Great Falls, MT

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work with you for training in departments Cons: Retail lifestyle, had to work after major holidays with lots… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not as bad as most retail.

Bridal Lead/CST (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: While being a big box company, stores are small enough that close-knit relationships between… Cons: One downside to having smaller stores is that the weight usually falls upon the shoulders of a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!