There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

What I expected

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Cheyenne, WY
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Worked the hard side of the store, even before I got there it was clean and organized. Co-workers and managers taught me well and everyone did their part.

Cons

The storage and receiving areas were way too small for the amount of items we had on hand.

I know it's hard right now, but when things get better try to give your employees a little more to work with.

reviews filtered by

No pay raise just added responsibilities

Former Employee - Hard Side Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Hard Side Associate in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a full-time employee there is always something to do. The managers are cool, if you are in the "circle".

Cons

Made $10 starting, got promoted to full-time after four months of employment, and after the first year I got a $0.22 raise. There are many employees that make less than that after 3 or more years of work with the company. One girl was making $8.30 an hour and after three years got promoted to a bridal manager. she had to move 100 miles from home and now makes $14 an hour.
    If you are a part time employee in Arizona after about march when the snow birds leave they drop you down to around 10 to 15 hours a week. full-time employee are cut to the minimum at an average of 35 hours a week. that could mean one week at 30 and the next at 40. also the shifts are very inconsistent. they could schedule you to work til 10pm at night then make you come in at 6 or 7 the next day.
    they "promote" employees still part time but call them front end supervisors who still get paid the same but are now required to do cash register over rides and make manager decisions so that the managers don't have to do as much. they also give the employees who bust their hump the ability to suggest orders in the system so that the managers don't have to leave the office.
    The job is physically exhausting, with the top stocking, climbing up 10 or 12 foot ladders to put product on the very top of the shelves and getting interrupted every 5 minutes with distress calls from the front end calling for cashier help. that means you have to put your ladder away and walk to the front of the store to ring up a customer then walk back to get your ladder back out again.
    all in all, way to many responsibilities, physical and mental stress for the pay. there are many people there that have never worked anywhere else and those are the people that don't leave. people who know better are usually gone within the first year.

Bad Management, and worse customers.

Former Employee - Cashier in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was paid a dollar over minimum wage my first year of employment

Cons

The management treated the employees like second class citizens.

Treat your employees as well as you treat your customers and maybe there will not be such a high rate of turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond