Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

Excellent salaries, but...

Sales Force Manager (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsBed Bath & Beyond does offer a wonderful salary and infinite ways in which to grow your career!

ConsI worked 6 days a week and 15 hours a day. This was not because I did not perform my job well and my hourly employees were very good. This was just what it took to keep up with, not only the customer service that is demanded--which is GREAT, but also the expectations of the job. It is what it is, but some of the extreme philosophies create a revolving door for some extremely good talent. Welcome to retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepending on the BB&B location and its store manager, BB&B can come across as a sweatshop that at least believes in paying a very fair wage. You may want to rethink having managers announce when they have to step off the floor to go to the restroom over a walkie talkie in addition to how long you will be off the floor, and allow department managers enough off floor time to keep stockrooms together. This will not only allow for more efficient storing and pulling, which will increase sales, but also will prevent inventorying the same merchandise for 15 years that should have been marked down and zeroed out in the system long ago.

An enjoyable but demanding retail experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros: Work was often varied. Employees always helped each other… Cons: Sometimes slow moving. Training at first wasn't as thorough… More

Best Company I've worked for.

Manager (Current Employee) Durham, NC

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great pay, flexible schedule, involved district support staff, open atmosphere… Cons: Long hours sometimes required, inability to get rid of inadequate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!