There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Great work opportunity!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clarksville, TN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is great! Very flexible work hours.

Cons

Not much organization. Nothing much else.

Hire more people

837 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Waste of time & effort learning about BB&B

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learned to get job details during any job interview.

Cons

The company doesn't hire an outside janitorial service to clean their public restrooms! Can you imagine being expected to clean public urinals for $8.30 an hour. I was gagging. BB&B store manager didn't mention this job duty during my interview. I found out after 3 months so she wasted my time + all the resources used to train me in all their departments. I came to learn the value of unions. What if I had been a single mother, raising children on my own, in this situation...feeling trapped into staying. Thankfully, II was able to say "sayonara" BB&B. Public bathroom cleaning??? Come on BB&B, quit this nonsense now!!!
    Also, most of the management & wannabe employees, walk around on pins & needles, terrified of looking bad to those above them. Too many petty & insecure full timers take it out on part timers too. Very uncomfortable work environment.

Be totally honest about job duties during interviews.

Employees are just cogs in the profit machine.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time

Pros

Easy low-wage job. You don't have to think very much, and your breaks are mandatory, so you're guaranteed to get your full lunch break every time.

Cons

The corporate structure is set up to foster an environment in which the employees are cogs in the profit machine. It was very clear that no one cared who you were--the man who trained the batch of fresh employees I was hired with didn't even bother to learn half of our names. They reprimanded us for not lying to the customers--if we didn't sing the praises of any item a customer looked at, we got taken to special re-training sessions with the higher-ups and some old training videos. This was in one of the corporate headquarter stores.

An atmosphere of distrust is cultivated in daily coat/purse checks to ensure no employee steals. Also, posters offering bonuses to employees who reported on our co-workers' bad behavior made each work day feel like a day in Orwell's 1984.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond