There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Good first job

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bed, Bath & Beyond was the first place that I worked and my co-workers became like family to me. One thing that I like about it is that for retail, they pay pretty well. They have great customer service and good work ethics.

Cons

Even though they pay well for retail I never got a raise after four years and I wasn't a bad employee by any means (I was often the main cashier and they weren't hesitant to give me other responsibilities).

Give more raises, especially to people who've been there longer.

805 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Excellent salaries, but...

Former Employee - Sales Force Manager  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Force Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bed Bath & Beyond does offer a wonderful salary and infinite ways in which to grow your career!

Cons

I worked 6 days a week and 15 hours a day. This was not because I did not perform my job well and my hourly employees were very good. This was just what it took to keep up with, not only the customer service that is demanded--which is GREAT, but also the expectations of the job. It is what it is, but some of the extreme philosophies create a revolving door for some extremely good talent. Welcome to retail.

Depending on the BB&B location and its store manager, BB&B can come across as a sweatshop that at least believes in paying a very fair wage. You may want to rethink having managers announce when they have to step off the floor to go to the restroom over a walkie talkie in addition to how long you will be off the floor, and allow department managers enough off floor time to keep stockrooms together. This will not only allow for more efficient storing and pulling, which will increase sales, but also will prevent inventorying the same merchandise for 15 years that should have been marked down and zeroed out in the system long ago.

An enjoyable but demanding retail experience

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Work was often varied. Employees always helped each other out. Positive work environment.

Cons

Sometimes slow moving. Training at first wasn't as thorough as it could have been.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!