There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Management Review from 5 yr Manager who worked across the country with the company.

Former Employee - Senior Department Manager in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Senior Department Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Stability & Debt Free Company

Cons

The absolute worst training programs that I have ever encountered. 50 hour weeks are the minimum. Labor modeling over the past 3 years has erroded the quality of life that previously existed for management. Low upward mobility in BB&B. The segment to work in is Buy Buy Baby (the expansion area). Annual raises 0-2.2% will be the norm. Hire on and stay at the Department Manager Level.

Advice to Management

Break the model and reinvest labor back into the locations to bolster the Customer Service Levels back to when BB&B was the leader in the field.

reviews filtered by

Good first job

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bed, Bath & Beyond was the first place that I worked and my co-workers became like family to me. One thing that I like about it is that for retail, they pay pretty well. They have great customer service and good work ethics.

Cons

Even though they pay well for retail I never got a raise after four years and I wasn't a bad employee by any means (I was often the main cashier and they weren't hesitant to give me other responsibilities).

Advice to Management

Give more raises, especially to people who've been there longer.

Excellent salaries, but...

Former Employee - Sales Force Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Force Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bed Bath & Beyond does offer a wonderful salary and infinite ways in which to grow your career!

Cons

I worked 6 days a week and 15 hours a day. This was not because I did not perform my job well and my hourly employees were very good. This was just what it took to keep up with, not only the customer service that is demanded--which is GREAT, but also the expectations of the job. It is what it is, but some of the extreme philosophies create a revolving door for some extremely good talent. Welcome to retail.

Advice to Management

Depending on the BB&B location and its store manager, BB&B can come across as a sweatshop that at least believes in paying a very fair wage. You may want to rethink having managers announce when they have to step off the floor to go to the restroom over a walkie talkie in addition to how long you will be off the floor, and allow department managers enough off floor time to keep stockrooms together. This will not only allow for more efficient storing and pulling, which will increase sales, but also will prevent inventorying the same merchandise for 15 years that should have been marked down and zeroed out in the system long ago.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond