Bed Bath & Beyond
www.bedbathandbeyond.com Union, NJ 5000+ Employees

Enjoyable yet intense work.

Department Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Great training -- Product knowledge is key and in most stores I find that the employees either know, or in the process of taking classes to be in the know.
-Great Atmosphere -- It can be stressful, managers and sales associates alike, but I think we try our best to establish a fun work setting.
-Unique to other retailers -- Anyone at any time, who's trained, can be given any task to do. If it's a manager top stocking freight, or a sales associate doing a rotation.

Cons-Managers coming from the outside in sometimes have the hardest time adjusting to the work. Most managers will need to perform with ladders and heavy freight. If you're at a smaller volume store there are times where you might not have anyone on your side to manage.
-Managers might come across as distant because of the sheer amount of work we're asked to do that doesn't always fit into the 48 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sales associates want to be managed. Nothing is worse than having someone come in and not know what to do. It helps build morale and make the associates feel like they've added something to the store.

Decent place to work

Store Manager (Former Employee)
City of Industry, CA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Competitive salary Customer service truly is the focus Cons: Work/life balance is horrific Payroll budgets unrealistic for desired results Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great company to work for, great discounts as an employee.… Cons: Hard to move up the ladder Advice to Senior Management: Take time to know the employees that are loyal and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bed Bath & Beyond reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bed Bath & Beyond CEO Steve Temares. All reviews posted anonymously by Bed Bath & Beyond employees.