There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Overall a good company but should pay the staff based on their PERFORMANCE, not just their previous pay scale.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've been with BBB for years and started as a part time employee. I moved to full time about a year after working there, then moved up the ladder as a department manager and then an assistant manager. I've never seen a store closing or layoffs/downsizing due to economic/financial hardships. Definitely a plus. Most of the managers and employees are great people who end up becoming like family. If you're a manager, you will see the people you work with more than your real family. Opportunity for advancement, although it is seen more often if you start as a department manager vs being a part time or full timer. Flexible schedules for part time employees. Always a challenging work environment.

Cons

Be prepared, ask for the salary you really expect or need, that's all they will pay you! Doesn't matter how much more efficient you are with your job, your experience, or overall performance, what you get hired in at is about what you'll stay at for your employment duration. For anyone that has started from the bottom up, I'm sorry, because I know you are not being payed the same as your counterparts that were hired in from outside of the company. Expect a .5 to 3% pay increase at best per year and an increase of about $3,000 for moving from an assistant to a store manager. High turnover and since they do not have competitive pay there are definintlely some sub par employees who do not pick up their fair share of the work load and then the reliable part timers and full timers have to work that much harder and are held to a higher standard than other associates/managers who are in the same departments and positions.

All of our communications and actions filter from the top down. So to the CEO's, RVP's and down, give some positive feedback to help encourage all of the BBB staff and then provide guidance/training and solutions to some of the areas needing improvement instead of just telling everyone how much a certain area is sucking pond water.

812 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Very customer service orientated.

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Hours are good.
    Lots of tasks to do.

Cons

No bonus. No incentives to do better

Create incentives for department managers.

Empty Promises

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good working hours never over 45 hours a week if you choose, Good pay if you are an external hire. The absolute best health benefits around.

Cons

Please see title. Little if no chance of promotion if you are in a small market with no other stores with in 30 miles. High expectations with very lean payroll module. Changed districts 3 times in four years and every district wanted something different. No consistency through out the company,

Listen to your PT and FT associates when they have concerns and call in to complain. Let your store managers run their business and if they cant promote or hire someone that can.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!