Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Very customer service orientated.

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Hours are good.
Lots of tasks to do.

Cons

No bonus. No incentives to do better

Create incentives for department managers.

974 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Empty Promises

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good working hours never over 45 hours a week if you choose, Good pay if you are an external hire. The absolute best health benefits around.

Cons

Please see title. Little if no chance of promotion if you are in a small market with no other stores with in 30 miles. High expectations with very lean payroll module. Changed districts 3 times in four years and every district wanted something different. No consistency through out the company,

Listen to your PT and FT associates when they have concerns and call in to complain. Let your store managers run their business and if they cant promote or hire someone that can.

Enjoyable yet intense work.

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great training -- Product knowledge is key and in most stores I find that the employees either know, or in the process of taking classes to be in the know.
    -Great Atmosphere -- It can be stressful, managers and sales associates alike, but I think we try our best to establish a fun work setting.
    -Unique to other retailers -- Anyone at any time, who's trained, can be given any task to do. If it's a manager top stocking freight, or a sales associate doing a rotation.

Cons

-Managers coming from the outside in sometimes have the hardest time adjusting to the work. Most managers will need to perform with ladders and heavy freight. If you're at a smaller volume store there are times where you might not have anyone on your side to manage.
    -Managers might come across as distant because of the sheer amount of work we're asked to do that doesn't always fit into the 48 hours.

The sales associates want to be managed. Nothing is worse than having someone come in and not know what to do. It helps build morale and make the associates feel like they've added something to the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond