Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Customer Service

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time

Pros

This company is amazing they provide great opportunity to grow.

Cons

There are no cons for this company.

923 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, great discounts as an employee. Fun environment!!! Excellent training in all departments.

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder

Take time to know the employees that are loyal and want to move into management

This job is unbelievably frustrating

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a fun job if you don't have jerks as managers (rare). Discount is nice but should be more, customers can technically easily have enough coupons to have the same as our discount.

Cons

Low pay, bad schedules, physical work, low pay again, demeaning managers, rude corporate staff,

Treat your associates better. Managers always delegate their managerial work to their associates who only get paid $8/hour, who are busy trying to do their own department duties/cashier, but managers expect them to get things done that just are not in their job description. Managers need to stop standing around and talking amongst themselves all the time and maybe they would be able to get their work done instead of having the poor pee-on associates do their dirty work. Corporate/district managers are consistently rude, only talk to managers and don't interact with associates. Are associates not good enough/smart enough to be privileged to talk to corporate staff? I would respect all managers a lot more if respect was given back but unfortunately its not. They will continue to "train" you to be capable of more things (more things they can push off on you) but will only give you an 8 cent raise for more "responsibility." If you are thinking of working here, think again. The company focuses more on the customer which is great as a business but when your customers are treated better than your associates there is a problem. I was asked to take on a "lead position"-more work, more responsibility, being in charge of 3-4 people...but no extra pay. I have worked at 2 locations in 2 different states and unfortunately my experience was not just a bad store, I have found these problems are company wide.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond