Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com
  www.bedbathandbeyond.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Working or rather slave trading for 1 1/2 years!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most other associates are great to work with! Some of the lower level managers are great too! I liked it here when I started, but then common sense took over and I realized that I was no one, just a face being asked to do unrealistic amounts of work!

Cons

Upper management, to be exact, district managers are jerks and don't understand how to speak to people!

The Huntington, NY store is used as a training store for management to move on! For the most part that's good, because these "trainees" can be real jerks! They come here hoping to make themselves look good to upper management and treat other associates as their whipping boys! They become snitches running to management for every little thing!

888 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

This job is unbelievably frustrating

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a fun job if you don't have jerks as managers (rare). Discount is nice but should be more, customers can technically easily have enough coupons to have the same as our discount.

Cons

Low pay, bad schedules, physical work, low pay again, demeaning managers, rude corporate staff,

Treat your associates better. Managers always delegate their managerial work to their associates who only get paid $8/hour, who are busy trying to do their own department duties/cashier, but managers expect them to get things done that just are not in their job description. Managers need to stop standing around and talking amongst themselves all the time and maybe they would be able to get their work done instead of having the poor pee-on associates do their dirty work. Corporate/district managers are consistently rude, only talk to managers and don't interact with associates. Are associates not good enough/smart enough to be privileged to talk to corporate staff? I would respect all managers a lot more if respect was given back but unfortunately its not. They will continue to "train" you to be capable of more things (more things they can push off on you) but will only give you an 8 cent raise for more "responsibility." If you are thinking of working here, think again. The company focuses more on the customer which is great as a business but when your customers are treated better than your associates there is a problem. I was asked to take on a "lead position"-more work, more responsibility, being in charge of 3-4 people...but no extra pay. I have worked at 2 locations in 2 different states and unfortunately my experience was not just a bad store, I have found these problems are company wide.

Too much of a hierarchy.

Current Employee - Cashier in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Cashier in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bright atmosphere and good customer service. Fun merchandise and unique retailer.

Cons

Pay is minimalistic, part timers are not invested in but just talked about behind their backs and expected to know everything and do everything that the managers are getting paid for. unequal system. part timers are like slaves unless there is a manager that recognizes human capital.

recognize the investment your employees are for your company instead of using and abusing them.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond