Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

Welcome to 1985 BBB

Store Manager (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsSalary-Exempt + OT
Ability to source and merchandise your own items
Entrepreneurial spirit shines bright!

Cons*Technology is barely 1980- computers are IBM Linux based- complete time waste, Managers just got EMAIL 2 years ago
*District and Corporate support is non-existent- company is getting very fat and top heavy- 4 district.regional managers all just forwarding the memo down the line without any input or actual solving of the problem, solutions are all created and executed at store level.
*Staffing model is flat hours- no increase in hours due to high sales or positive trends- Regardless if your up 15% in transactions and 20% in sales hours stay flat to last year. They do not trust managers to manage store hours via Payroll %
*Operationally inefficient- Too many processes that take away from the true goal of helping customers and driving sales. Lots of unnecessary key turns, signatures, approvals and audits.
*Management training is non-existent. Figure it out mentality
*Expense controls- Store level NEVER see's a P&L report! NEVER in 3 years!! How do you manager a store without ANY expense control or reporting!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to focus on the customer! Cut the fat in the district and regional levels. We dont need 3 merchants, district ops, loss prevention and customer service managers are completely non supportive and have lost touch with the stores (they dont work weekends or spend time on the store sales floor).

Create a in-box for suggestions from employees to submit ideas to improve efficiency in the company. Efficiency can be sold as "hours back to the floor" and reward the employees with the best suggestion to cut the waste and push hours back to stores and customers.

Disconnect between management and employees

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for less than a year

Pros: Worked at West LA Flagship store - so large store with lots of cool stuff. … Cons: Huge turnover because they hire very young workers or uneducated people who have no customer service or communication skills. I would see new hires… Advice to Senior Management: Do secret shopping more in each store to really see… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company,

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay is OK, not the best not the worst. Nice merchandise… Cons: No support from management. Long hours. Lots of heavy lifting and work… Advice to Senior Management: If you are going to train associates on the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!