Welcome to 1985 BBB

Current Employee - Store Manager in Torrance, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary-Exempt + OT Ability to source and merchandise your own items Entrepreneurial spirit shines bright!

Cons

*Technology is barely 1980- computers are IBM Linux based- complete time waste, Managers just got EMAIL 2 years ago *District and Corporate support is non-existent- company is getting very fat and top heavy- 4 district.regional managers all just forwarding the memo down the line without any input or actual solving of the problem, solutions are all created and executed at store level. *Staffing model is flat hours- no increase in hours due to high sales or positive trends- Regardless if your up 15% in transactions and 20% in sales hours stay flat to last year. They do not trust managers to manage store hours via Payroll % *Operationally inefficient- Too many processes that take away from the true goal of helping customers and driving sales. Lots of unnecessary key turns, signatures, approvals and audits. *Management training is non-existent. Figure it out mentality *Expense controls- Store level NEVER see's a P&L report! NEVER in 3 years!! How do you manager a store without ANY expense control or reporting!

Advice to Management

Get back to focus on the customer! Cut the fat in the district and regional levels. We dont need 3 merchants, district ops, loss prevention and customer service managers are completely non supportive and have lost touch with the stores (they dont work weekends or spend time on the store sales floor). Create a in-box for suggestions from employees to submit ideas to improve efficiency in the company. Efficiency can be sold as "hours back to the floor" and reward the employees with the best suggestion to cut the waste and push hours back to stores and customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Too much office politics.

Current Employee - HBC Associate in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - HBC Associate in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun group of employees to work with, some of management seems friendly. Somewhat flexible in hours, and pay is reasonable.

Cons

Being in a district training store there is always corporate management in, due to this it seems that management doesn't really do anything except sit in their offices all day and chit chat. Upper management talks down to you, senior level of management tells you how to do your job, doesn't recognize when you do good only what your doing wrong.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! I cannot stress this enough. don't let customers run the store.

Went from ok to the most terrible experience I have ever had!!!

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customer Service and Employee Discount

Cons

Management wants you to do they're work while they sit around and gossip all day. The management can't even get along with one another very disrespectful.. That's why they treat the employees like crap.. The store manager has a serious problem... She yells at everyone nothing is never right. They over work the part and full time associates to the max... Basically your being over worked and under paid. Nothing is never right...The raises suck they might as well hand me the 20 cent in my hand what the hell can that do for me.. Everyday I walk into that place I be counting down the time for me to go home.. Did I mention there is no room for advancement.. They rather hire someone for the outside that don't know nothing at all.. All the managers and full time employees are leaving because the management done went down hill

Advice to Management

Listen to the employes and stop talking maybe you will learn something