There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Title\Position Changed so many times, hard to tell...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Pros

You get to leave to a better position elsewhere!

Cons

As a previous individual stated "Be careful about taking a job in the corp. office! The position I took paid well, but the management and culture were horrific!! Management treats their people very poorly and turnover is high in many departments. If you look on their website there are always TONS of jobs available. Wondering why? Because Bed Bath does not value their people....Just like anything, if you think something is too good to be true, it probably is....It was easy to get hired at a good salary, putting up with the bosses and culture you have to work in...not so easy." To add, the management are clueless, you have one that during an interview, will rudely interrupt you without reason. I have no idea how this person got the position, oh wait, he worked at the same company as the greasy man above him! Cronyism is alive and well here. You have people slogging through the wrong technology attempting to do something that is relatively simple and they are adamant about it. There is a high attrition rate, and I have no doubt why. The culture is atrocious and you are peppered with ridiculous rules and management does NOT value your skills, they like to act like blowhards and pompous buffoons. I suppose this is the part in which they excel. If you have extensive experience, they will trounce you in order to make themselves feel better. They also poorly use SCRUM methodologies. I never seen groups that speak about parts of projects that have nothing to do with one another. I can attest, that the negatives that others state are only the tip of the iceberg. Your position would be in flux, you might as well call yourself a CEO since your title and position would not reflect properly what you do. I hold the CEO accountable, because the culture reflects upon him. If I were him, I would purge management and start over. A very dissatisfying company! Go elsewhere, there are many companies out there and particularly within IT that are a thousand times better. You have been warned.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

1. BBB don't care about there employees

Former Employee - CSR in Totowa, NJ
    Former Employee - CSR in Totowa, NJ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very strong company, no debt company, they have a good customer service phone line.

Cons

Working in customer services is very stressful, but working as CSR in BBB is worst thing you could do, the company only care about the customers and the customers know that so they treat you like crap. They have some politics that are obsolete, the most valuable asset that a company have is there employees but not in the case of BBB

Advice to Management

The Managers in the csr department treat the employees like crap

2. The team is great! Customer service at it's best. Great management

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Replenishment
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Replenishment

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team, and the management are great people.

Cons

I would like more hours, however this is a slow season in all of retail. I really don't have anything to mention that is a "con" with this company or it's management. Great people, great place to work.

Advice to Management

na