Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com
  www.bedbathandbeyond.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Title\Position Changed so many times, hard to tell...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

You get to leave to a better position elsewhere!

Cons

As a previous individual stated "Be careful about taking a job in the corp. office! The position I took paid well, but the management and culture were horrific!! Management treats their people very poorly and turnover is high in many departments. If you look on their website there are always TONS of jobs available. Wondering why? Because Bed Bath does not value their people....Just like anything, if you think something is too good to be true, it probably is....It was easy to get hired at a good salary, putting up with the bosses and culture you have to work in...not so easy." To add, the management are clueless, you have one that during an interview, will rudely interrupt you without reason. I have no idea how this person got the position, oh wait, he worked at the same company as the greasy man above him! Cronyism is alive and well here. You have people slogging through the wrong technology attempting to do something that is relatively simple and they are adamant about it. There is a high attrition rate, and I have no doubt why. The culture is atrocious and you are peppered with ridiculous rules and management does NOT value your skills, they like to act like blowhards and pompous buffoons. I suppose this is the part in which they excel. If you have extensive experience, they will trounce you in order to make themselves feel better. They also poorly use SCRUM methodologies. I never seen groups that speak about parts of projects that have nothing to do with one another. I can attest, that the negatives that others state are only the tip of the iceberg. Your position would be in flux, you might as well call yourself a CEO since your title and position would not reflect properly what you do. I hold the CEO accountable, because the culture reflects upon him. If I were him, I would purge management and start over. A very dissatisfying company! Go elsewhere, there are many companies out there and particularly within IT that are a thousand times better. You have been warned.

887 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

I don't agree with all the rules and policies, but BBB has been very accommodating.

Former Employee - Department Lead
    Former Employee - Department Lead

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you work hard and do your job, they will work around your schedule (They let me work full time and be a student).

Cons

I feel like the company puts the customers before the employees.

If the associates feel like you have their back, they will do whatever you ask of them.

It was a good experience, but when promoted from within, I got really screwed with the raises.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They follow a Pass the Buck mentality with Open Door philosophy, makes it easy to ask questions and communicate with upper management.

Cons

Management usually acts as coverage on the floor, so there is very little "managing" and more "doing" involved.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond