There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Title\Position Changed so many times, hard to tell...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

You get to leave to a better position elsewhere!

Cons

As a previous individual stated "Be careful about taking a job in the corp. office! The position I took paid well, but the management and culture were horrific!! Management treats their people very poorly and turnover is high in many departments. If you look on their website there are always TONS of jobs available. Wondering why? Because Bed Bath does not value their people....Just like anything, if you think something is too good to be true, it probably is....It was easy to get hired at a good salary, putting up with the bosses and culture you have to work in...not so easy." To add, the management are clueless, you have one that during an interview, will rudely interrupt you without reason. I have no idea how this person got the position, oh wait, he worked at the same company as the greasy man above him! Cronyism is alive and well here. You have people slogging through the wrong technology attempting to do something that is relatively simple and they are adamant about it. There is a high attrition rate, and I have no doubt why. The culture is atrocious and you are peppered with ridiculous rules and management does NOT value your skills, they like to act like blowhards and pompous buffoons. I suppose this is the part in which they excel. If you have extensive experience, they will trounce you in order to make themselves feel better. They also poorly use SCRUM methodologies. I never seen groups that speak about parts of projects that have nothing to do with one another. I can attest, that the negatives that others state are only the tip of the iceberg. Your position would be in flux, you might as well call yourself a CEO since your title and position would not reflect properly what you do. I hold the CEO accountable, because the culture reflects upon him. If I were him, I would purge management and start over. A very dissatisfying company! Go elsewhere, there are many companies out there and particularly within IT that are a thousand times better. You have been warned.

843 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Store management is really a glorified sales person, the real management is district and up.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Money for managers is not bad.

Cons

Lateral moves in management, no pay increases.

Treat your employees better, people need a work/life balance.. people should not be working 17 hour days.

Horrible

Current Employee - Department Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Department Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They don't make you work past your scheduled shift.

Cons

Overall way the company operates. Absolutely no interest in technology or evolving in any way.

Let your managers manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond