There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Pleasant retail job:)

Current Employee - Cashier, Soft Side Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Cashier, Soft Side Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Customers are very nice for the most part. Fellow employees are very kind and sharp. It's interesting to check out the cool merchandise while working and use your 20% employee discount! Can designate 1 family member or friend to also receive a 20% discount when they shop there (you don't have to be with them) and if any family member is with you, that person gets a 20% discount off their purchase.

Cons

Working retail can get boring. I am not sure how much fellow employees are making compared to me. I make $8/hr.

Doing a great job for the most part~ I like working there. It's probably the easiest job I've ever had. (I am currently a college student and have previously worked at a pizza place, as a swim instructor, taught English in a foreign country, and as a research assistant)

837 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Bed, Bath, and Beyond: "The secret to our success is our sales associates."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

It is an "opportunity" company. BB&B is building on Harmons, Bye, Bye, Baby and is growing into the market by being diverse in their holdings. Encourages growth with employees and is open-minded when employees have suggestions on products or on how to set up a display. Their policy of customer service is number one in the company which is what the employees appreciate.

Cons

Salaries are a non-issue. Salaries are not discussed at all!!!! No information or incorrect information is given out. Salaries are negotiated at a certain level. But at what level this is negotiated I am not sure. Even though Bed, Bath and Beyond has taken a lot of steps to curve Shrink in the stores. They tout what a "positive" company they are when it comes to Shrink. They do not, however, have signage or other "means" to communicate the steps they have taken on the subject of Shrink.

Give more advice to those who want to move up in the company on how to do that. Be more open on salaries anc compensation. A pat on the back is always appreciated to those who are on the receiving end.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

pay, time off & hours worked vs. other retailers

Cons

The company has a retailer mentality, but hires managers with large retailer habits. A lot of delegation and micromanagement is done when there are sometimes less than 5 employees in the building.

Communicate with the employees when the information is important enough. Don't saturate them with redundant information.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond