There are newer employer reviews for Beechcraft

HBC is a good place to work if you work hard and dont expect handouts.

Current Employee - Aftermarket  in  Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Aftermarket in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Beechcraft

Pros

Upper Management is great (but too many chiefs and not enough indians)
Flowdown of information gets lost in middle mgmnt.

Cons

No longer offering raises for living expense increases.
Benefits continue to get cut and cost continue to go up.
Pay scale

Work on a program to continue to develope nad increase employee morale. Morale is low due to layoffs and everyone doing 2-3 jobs now to cover. Employees tend to feel unappreciated.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Beechcraft (View Most Recent)

No leadership in the finance organization; everything is a fire drill and communication is nil.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Beechcraft

Pros

good salary and benefits, many good employees although the number is dwindling

Cons

financially unstable, too many VP's with own agenda, weak communication, Good Ole Boys(Girls) Club

Communicate to your employees, don't let them hear they are laid off through the rumor mill. Remove a few layers of management. A VP reporting to a VP who reports to a VP(CFO) is not efficient.

Don't even think about it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Beechcraft

Pros

A military trainer program that makes good aircraft for the AF and Navy. Relatively clean work areas and restrooms. The buildings are relatively well maintianed.

Cons

I had very high hopes coming in since I had known Beechcraft (before Raytheon and Onex/Goldman) to be a very good place to work. I have been extremely disappointed with this job. There is no organization, there is no policies and procedures in place that produce consistent and auditable results. The have moved most manufacturing outside of the company and now are paying for poor quality and even worse delivery. Now we are hearing that 25% of the workforce is being laid off. If I get laid off I will never go back, even if recalled.

The best thing advice to management is for anyone director or above to resign and let some people that are more knowledgable to take over. Sending jobs to Mexico has never worked and now that you have discovered that fact, you need to leave. Keep the worker bees.

There are newer employer reviews for Beechcraft

Worked for Beechcraft? Contribute to the Community!