There are newer employer reviews for Beechcraft

I had high hopes and expectations when I was hired, but have been disappointed thus far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Beechcraft

Pros

I can only speak for myself, but having been a Lead at my previous job, it is good to see that my present Lead conducts himself in a manner similair to my own style, i.e. in that he is willing to work side by side with the rest of us, provide training and advice, and has gained the respect of our entire shift. He gives praise when earned and discipline when deserved. He makes the workday tolerable, if not enjoyable. We are in a high-pressure industry that demands quality products in a timely manner, and that can get quite stressful on us 'grey shirt grunts'. In my opinion upper management needs more people like him.

Cons

Everyone can get downtrodden in a fast-paced and stressful occupation such as Aerospace, but one thing that really disappoints the general employee is when upper management finds its' way down to the shop for the first time in months to discuss issues, and then disregards everything brought up by the exact same shop they are supposed to be managing. This is the first shop I have worked at during my 14 years in this industry that is not being run with success as a priority for not only the company and its employees, but also for the customer. It is hard to stay positive and motivated in this company when the rewards arent worth the sacrifice.

Just a couple of suggestions: If you can't deliver something, don't make a promise. Don't tell us what you think we want to hear, be open, honest and forthcoming, as the majority of the hourly employees are living paycheck to paycheck, and most of us have been in the business long enough to have seen upper management come and go. Trust me, if you treat us fairly and honestly, we will work our hearts out for you, but if you treat us unfairly or with disrespect, our work will be a natural reflection of our morale as a workforce. If you started from the ground up and rose through the ranks to your present position, take a few minutes every day to remember what it was like to be on the floor, instead of an office.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Beechcraft (View Most Recent)

Okay place to work

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Wichita, KS

I worked at Beechcraft

Pros

Inexpensive place to live. Most people are kind and easy to work with.

Cons

Location. Wichita is full of aviation related jobs. Great during the boom, terrible during the bust.

You'll need to do a better job reaching out to the union employees.

HawkerBeechcraft

Former Employee - Upholsterer  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Upholsterer in Wichita, KS

I worked at Beechcraft

Pros

Union Position so the pay scale was better than most for compensation and benefits. PTO was excellent and vacation as well.

Cons

Because there was a union, the older toped out workforce really had no incentive to work any harder because they had seniority. Those older individuals manipulated the sustems in place like FMLA to their advantage.

Instead of laying off the workforce from lowest to highest on a seniority list. Start with Drug-testing the entire workforce to get rid of those individuals who choose to take illegal and unprescribed drugs first, then do a layoff from the lowest to the highest. This is a good way to retain those individuals that may actually be there to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Beechcraft

Worked for Beechcraft? Contribute to the Community!