Belcan Corporation
www.belcan.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Great for entry-level and retirees looking for work.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Belcan Corporation

ProsBelcan works greatly with your personal schedule. If something suddenly comes up and you need to take the rest of the day off, 99% of the time it won't be a problem. Because Belcan caters to entry-level persons and retirees, the experience for entry-level employees is great. Your manager/co-worker could have worked for 30+ years for your customer and has great insights for the entry-level employee to learn. It is a great company to get professional experience for those first couple of years fresh out of college, or if you recently retired and want some easy work to keep you busy, Belcan should be right for you.

ConsBelcan works as a contractor by being awarded outsourced jobs from major corporations (GE and Pratt/Whitney are Belcan's biggest source of work). Outsourced work, in my opinion, is very dull, basic, and plain boring. It a nutshell, this work is commonly referred to as b**** work. But, Belcan makes money, and you will soon find out that that is all that matters. You will travel, if at all, once a year to your customer's location. For the rest of the year, you will be at your cubicle at least 8 hours a day. Because of the nature of outsourced work, the work and projects become very, very repetitive. Upper management typically only sees your performance through a survey completed by your customer. Other sources of grading performance are your co-workers and manager's feedback. If you want to move up within the company, it is highly recommended to work at the Headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Yearly raises consist of small percentage increases. (If you have been working at Belcan for 2 years, it is almost guaranteed that a new hire will be making more than you).

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more travel opportunities for your Engineers every couple of months so they can experience life away from the dreaded cubicle. Include large salary increases for applicable employees.

Business is business; establish personal rep with customer employees for repeat work, otherwise you're out.

Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at Belcan Corporation

Pros: Very high degree of Independence and work schedule flexibility. Belcan's default 40 hr work week acts as a buffer to increasingly ridiculous demands on customer's salaried… Cons: Although I believe Belcan does have a college course reimbursment benifit, It doesn't seem that Belcan places much of a priority on expanding it's… Advice to Senior Management: No advice since I'm not sure what can be done to compete with over-seas competition.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Happiness at Belcan depends on your managment

I have been working at Belcan Corporation

Pros: Decent health package Flexability on projects Excellent direct management team Flex time Cons: Pay Senior Management Tight on spending for necessary tools (laptops, desk tops… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people for the job / work that they do,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Belcan Corporation.

Worked for Belcan Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Belcan Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Belcan Corporation CEO Michael E. McCaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Belcan Corporation employees.