Belden

Too many management layers

Current Employee - Poor Work Life Balance in Richmond, IN
Current Employee - Poor Work Life Balance in Richmond, IN

I have been working at Belden

Pros

Good benefits, 401K contribution from Belden.

Cons

Too much management layers. Micro managing, "top down" communication style. Poor work life balance. Management does not care or show empathy towards employees. They manage too much with metrics rather than common sense.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Belden (View Most Recent)

Dedication to the company is not reconized by upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

I worked at Belden

Pros

If one is interested in Lean Manufacturing then Belden is the place to work. They will train you and work with you so you understand and can impliment Lean at your facility.

Cons

Don't plan on retiring from Belden. Your life span at Belden is about 5 years. With there Force Ranking, at least one in your group will be cut every year and replaced with someone at a lower salary then the one who was cut.

Stop moving jobs out of the US and bring them back. The knowledge and the dedication needed to continuously improve Belden is here in the US not Mexico or China.

The atmosphere has deteriorated significantly in the last five years at my work location.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

I have been working at Belden

Pros

Compensation is competitive but the benefits are below par. I was allowed to do my job and told to take ownership until about 4 years ago when our new CEO took over and brought his management team in.

Cons

Don't let on like you have a lot of experience and know what to do in a given situation. Negative comments have been made about "the gray hairs" at Belden.

Don't take yourself so seriously.
    Demand the same level of performance form yourselves that you do from the grunts.
    Display some common sense for a change.
    Don't give the lean people a blank check, there needs to be more check-balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Belden