There are newer employer reviews for Belden

OK pay and benefits in a somewhat chaotic work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chambersburg, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

I have been working at Belden

Pros

The Chambersburg location still growing, pay and benefits are decent, and the employees are good to work with. To some extent there is a family atmosphere, and many of the employees are friends with each other outside work as well as during working hours. The building is only one year old, with room for expansion. The working hours are not excessive, with occasional overtime required.

Cons

There is currently a somewhat chaotic environment, compounded even more by being purchased by Belden, and continuous turnover in upper & middle management in both Germany and the US over the past two years.

Develop or communicate a company plan for moving the company forward.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Belden (View Most Recent)

When Belden comes in and speaks to you about being part of their "family", I say, RUN LIKE EVERYTHING!!

Former Employee - Maintenance  in  Apple Creek, OH
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Apple Creek, OH

I worked at Belden

Pros

Get a check while you look for another job that will be there when Belden doesn't want you anymore and closes down your plant.

Cons

after giving us all a big speech about what a "family" company they were and how long people had worked at their company, they emptied our plant within 2 years; sending the equipment out and everyone who had worked at that plant for years onto the streets. We were a competent and competitive plant; they only bought us as an acquisition. They immediately sold off our corporate plant in Illinois, then our plant in Ohio within 2 years. We had to go to Mexico and train the people who were taking our jobs!! because WE were the qualified personnel. How does that stack up to "family"???

Put yourself in our shoes, even though you think we are just little, worthless pieces on your chessboard.

Nice working environment

Former Employee - Intern  in  Neckartenzlingen (Germany)
    Former Employee - Intern in Neckartenzlingen (Germany)

I worked at Belden as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance, scope for improvement, nice working culture

Cons

Location, Connectivity to the place, homogeneous group

There are newer employer reviews for Belden

Worked for Belden? Contribute to the Community!