Belden

www.belden.com
  www.belden.com
There are newer employer reviews for Belden

Belden needs to practice their value statements

I worked at Belden

Pros

Focus on Lean Management and improving efficiencies

Cons

They don't walk the talk regarding their Belden values
They don't show appreciation to their employees often enough
They need to get the people piece right and be consistent with open, honest dialogue

Be more respectful of your people and show appreciation for their contributions. Make certain your actions are consistent with your cultural values and that they are not posters on the wall of the office.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Belden (View Most Recent)

Belden Management: Disrespectful of employees.

I worked at Belden

Pros

There aren't many good, much less best reasons to work for Belden. A good reason would be decent wages and benefits. If you can tolerate inept management.

Cons

I have absolutely no respect for Belden and their division management teams. For all the questionnaires and surveys the employees are forced into participating, management still doesn't have a clue. Part of the problem is that most employees that are left are afraid to answer the questions honestly in fear of losing their jobs.
    I find it appalling that management would lower a ranking (evaluation) given by an immediate supervisor and doing so without asking his opinion. To say nothing of a manager listening to the accusations of a co-worker trying as usual to make herself look good. In all my years there, I've never had an unsatisfactory evaluation. But, after 20+ years of employment, I was discharged for poor work performance. I'm extremely disappointed with the Corporate Office for allowing underhanded schemes like this to go on in their divisions. Yes, Corporate management is aware of this situation and chose to do nothing.
    I guess I should be grateful that the local management "team" waited until I finished my chemo treatments before letting me go.

Hire people that have experience in actually running a wire manufacturing business. Excessive meetings do not solve problems that exist within the company nor do they it sell wire.

Experience was great with CDT, not so good with Belden

I have been working at Belden

Pros

Pay was decent and the yearly bonuses were a plus. The benefits were very good, including vacation and paid holidays.

Cons

My opinion of Belden is skewed due to being let go in a cost cutting move. Since the merger with CDT, employees have been laid off, some due to the recession, but many due to Belden's obsession with bottom line and share price.
    Employee morale is low, and everyone left is looking over their shoulder.

Go back and talk to the CDT management team that you systematically eliminated after the "merger". They knew how to lead.

There are newer employer reviews for Belden