Belden
www.beldencdt.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Belden Management: Disrespectful of employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Belden

ProsThere aren't many good, much less best reasons to work for Belden. A good reason would be decent wages and benefits. If you can tolerate inept management.

ConsI have absolutely no respect for Belden and their division management teams. For all the questionnaires and surveys the employees are forced into participating, management still doesn't have a clue. Part of the problem is that most employees that are left are afraid to answer the questions honestly in fear of losing their jobs.
I find it appalling that management would lower a ranking (evaluation) given by an immediate supervisor and doing so without asking his opinion. To say nothing of a manager listening to the accusations of a co-worker trying as usual to make herself look good. In all my years there, I've never had an unsatisfactory evaluation. But, after 20+ years of employment, I was discharged for poor work performance. I'm extremely disappointed with the Corporate Office for allowing underhanded schemes like this to go on in their divisions. Yes, Corporate management is aware of this situation and chose to do nothing.
I guess I should be grateful that the local management "team" waited until I finished my chemo treatments before letting me go.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that have experience in actually running a wire manufacturing business. Excessive meetings do not solve problems that exist within the company nor do they it sell wire.

Experience was great with CDT, not so good with Belden

I have been working at Belden

Pros: Pay was decent and the yearly bonuses were a plus.… Cons: My opinion of Belden is skewed due to being let go in a cost cutting move. Since the merger with CDT, employees have been laid… Advice to Senior Management: Go back and talk to the CDT management team that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Belden needs to practice their value statements

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Belden

Pros: Focus on Lean Management and improving efficiencies Cons: They don't walk the talk regarding their Belden values They don't show appreciation to their employees often… Advice to Senior Management: Be more respectful of your people and show appreciation for their contributions. Make certain your actions are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Belden.

Worked for Belden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Belden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Belden CEO John S. Stroup. All reviews posted anonymously by Belden employees.