Belk

There are newer employer reviews for Belk

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA
Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Belk part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly employees, you feel like the management truly cares about their employees.

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

None

494 Other Employee Reviews for Belk (View Most Recent)

Sales Team Manager

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Belk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent pay, payed vacation, comp week, medical,

Cons

No tuition reimbursement program, make you work about 45 hours a week on regular months and about 55 hours a week in November and December, NO OVERTIME EXCEPT THEY WILL GIVE YOU PAYED WEEK OFF FOR WORKING 6 DAYS A WEEK. SALE CHANGES EVERYDAY,

DONT WORK YOUR SALES MANAGERS LIKE SLAVES, GIVE THEM SOME HELP/PEOPLE, DONT JUST CUT HOURS AND MAKE YOUR MANAGERS TO SET SALES, PROCESS TRUCK AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

The worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Elizabethtown, KY
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Elizabethtown, KY

I worked at Belk part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy job, that's the only positive thing I can say about this company.

Cons

Only got like 8 hours a week. The other employees were extremely stuck up and formed cliques where they refused to communicate with any of the new employees. The management team was extremely poor and treated employees as if they were worthless and constantly talked down to the seasonal associates like they were stupid. Your pay is based on sales, so if your sales are low your pay will remain at minimum wage and you will never receive a raise of any kind. They also refused to work around a school/ college schedule and you were not allowed to have a second retail job even if that retail job isn't a clothing or department store.

Try treating your employees with some respect instead of treating them as if they're incompetent and worthless. Don't hire seasonal associates if your intention is to just give them 8 hours a week. Seasonal associates are treated the worst out of the other associates and are constantly talked down to. The other associates were told by management to treat seasonals poorly because they technically didn't matter since they would be laid off within a few months anyway. This company has a huge moral defect and I have never worked for a company that treated their employees so poorly. There were associates there for over 5 years still making minimum wage and in my opinion that is just outrageous. I think upper management really needs to take a look at these stores and realize how much management is stepping all over their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Belk