Good Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Belk part-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked the discount. It's a very flexible company. Great for someone in high school or college. It also allows for the potential to make more money hourly if you sell more.

Cons

There are some days that everyone in the company has to work, such as Christmas Eve and Black Friday, and you will be terminated if you don't work those days. This makes it difficult if you are doing this job part time at college and your school closes over break, leaving you without a place to stay.

Other Reviews for Belk

Pretty good job, with ability to move up

Current Employee - Visual Associate
    Current Employee - Visual Associate

I have been working at Belk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Belk is a pretty good company to work for. Most of the associates become family like. The discount is good. Most people are willing to adjust your schedual where need be

Cons

They expect a lot for associates and put a lot on each one. Also the customer is always right

Listen more to the associates and take up for them.

Its OK

I have been working at Belk full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedules, work independently some, the pay is ok but could be worse. I work with a great team of associates in my dept.

Cons

Like many work places, there are is a problem with lines of communication. Announcements and changes in schedule could be more timely and made apparent to everyone.

Listen to your employees. Currently there isn't any communication in this area. I've seen numerous associates have great ideas but that is as far as it goes.

There are newer employer reviews for Belk.

Worked for Belk? Contribute to the Community!