There are newer employer reviews for Bell Canada

Amazing infrastructure with not so friendly seniors

Former Intern - Software Associate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Former Intern - Software Associate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The infrastructure is amazing. Interns also have the option of choosing their own projects and departments and can also change departments during the tenure of their internship.

Cons

Seniors at times are not so friendly. The can be really cold at times. Also the fact that the internship is unpaid does not help.

Advice to Management

Considering the fact that the interns are students or recent grads with little or no professional experience, seniors need to do a better job of motivating and mentoring.

Other Employee Reviews for Bell Canada

Bell Canada - Telecommunications Company - Canadian Company

Former Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Bell employees are a great bunch of people. Made friends throughout the years and had some great managers too.

Cons

Like any job, it all depends on who you have as a manager...managers can make you shine (which is also part of their job).

Advice to Management

No comment.

2. Good place to start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

I didn't do a really good job as an undergraduate student and couldn't find anything else but this unpaid internship...although it didn't feel great at the start, Bell gave me the chance to put my head down, work hard and get recognition on the way to further education. I am now on the verge of graduate level certification and have multiple offers over which to mull, due in no small part to my time there.

Cons

Obviously the unpaid aspect of the internship was not great and the fact that they have a 70/30 work split with 30% of my work outside of my area is arguably bad (although has benefits vis-a-vis creating transferable skills).

Advice to Management

If you could find a way to pay the interns, even a little bit, that would be great. Other than that, keep on providing great developmental opportunities as that is one of the main strengths of the program.