There are newer employer reviews for Bell Canada

Great opportunities to try new roles; Low compensation

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Canada full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers good benefits, great discount, yearly bonus, opportunity to move around and try different roles (I am in HR and have had the opportunity to gain experience in staffing, training, benefits, compensation, metrics, h&s, labour relations, employee relations... all in just 6 years!)

Cons

Little opportunity to move up into higher level positions... because of a workforce that rarely leaves, there are rarely positions that are open, and if they are, there is a lot of competition. Positions are often not posted either, but filled within the specific HR team, so you might not even know about the opportunity. Low pay compared to other large Canadian companies.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on education, experience and training - salaries are very arbitrary and low. Pay employees closer to the industry standard.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. What happened???

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good school for beginners with no experience

Cons

Downsizing every year. No more groth opportunity

Advice to Management

Come back to a human approach!

2. working for Bell

Former Employee - Confidential in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Confidential in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I had worked for Bell for 15 years, not through an agency but as a regular employee,and to be honest,,,there were alot of tough times in there,,the fear of being laid off, meeting your stats and apathy from alot of managers made it difficult most days. I had the advantage of changing departments every 4 years so I was able to experience different departments. I was laid off after so many years of working holidays, missing special events for my kids etc,,,I was bitter,,,but received a very decent package to hold my head above water until I could find another job. Entering the "outside" world, I quickly realized that other organizations were just as bad if not worse, the pay and benefits were scary compared to what I was used to. I couldnt believe how badly people were treated at the other company I went to for a couple of years. The biggest thing I realized with time though was how marketable I was because of the skills I had gained in Bell,,I was actually in demand for it! it was pretty amazing! I did find my place now in an organization that appreciates the skills I brought in from Bell and they compensate me even more than I expected. Yes, Bell is a tough life, but the friends I gained are still around and the skills I was able to acquire have paid off!!

Cons

I have been at Bell too long. The stress of 10 years has taken it's toll. I have stayed for the money but at some point that has to take a back seat to my general health and being happy. I was laid off with salary continuance once and stupidly applied back into the company and landed another job. The new job is more stress and the same money as before. How sad is that? I regret the fact that I didn't get laid off. If given another chance to leave with money I will gladly take it!

Advice to Management

Used to be a great place of work. Not anymore. Outsourcing is having a very negative impact on the quality of the customer service as agents overseas unfortunately do not share our culture. Agents in "official" Bell call centers in Canada living in fear of loosing their jobs to outsourcees. After 12 years of service, I am leaving Bell. (...). Devoted employees like me and many others are leaving the ship, because there are too many holes in it!!!