There are newer employer reviews for Bell Canada

It is good company to work for as an employee. The people there are very nice and professional.

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Associate Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

lots of opportunities if you like to movea round. depends on the poistion, you get quite exposure on the new technologies.

Cons

Very haevy on processes, lots of legacy systems that makes introduce of new technologies and solutions very difficult.

379 Other Employee Reviews for Bell Canada (View Most Recent)

Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Technical Specialist
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist

I have been working at Bell Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Company values the effort an employee puts in to get certified on a vendor (Cisco, Avaya, Nortel). They pay for exams and will pay for relevant job related courses.
    -Yearly stipend for additional training
    -The pension plan and benefits are good.
    -Lots work and opportunities to learn - if you work here take advantage of it!
    -Largest telco in Canada.
    -My work group has an outstanding manager who has been at Bell for a long time. He understands the company well and is always willing to help.

Cons

It's a telco. Telcos by nature have many systems to navigate, are inefficient and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In fact, I would say that about any large company with >5,000 employees.

No advice. The strategic plan is solid and patience will be required to get where the company needs to go. I believe the senior executives understand well what it is going to take to evolve the company from a traditional telco to a "unified communications" company.

Corruption and EXTREME incompetence

Current Employee - Solutions/Retention  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Solutions/Retention in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is that they are a popular brand that will look "good" on your resume.

Cons

From my first day there were problems with this company, and one of the most devastating mistakes and slips ups (and believe me there are many) is that they neglected to pay us for not only our first pay but also the second!!!! Yes that's right - these crooks did not pay us on payday stating that the person who inputs the pay left on bereavement which was a lie as I found out from someone else that this person was in fact on vacation. Two weeks later it happened once again!!! That's the whole reason why people work - to get paid! But these repulsively incompetent (which is definitely a cultural thing in this company) liars continued to make up excuses for their mistakes instead of just admitting that they were at fault. Everybody there (Virgin Mobile, which is owned by Bell and is the same entity) has experienced payroll problems constantly. The company is continuously laying off huge segments of their workforce and sending these jobs to the Philippines where customers consistently complain that they cannot speak English properly. The morale is low and management is useless. The company continues to make it more and more difficult to get the monthly bonus in order to pocket that money themselves. They are a monopoly who are now cowarding at the prospect of having Verizon introduced into the Canadian market which would generate more jobs in Canada and are involved in a fierce fear mongering campaign against Verizon in order to sway public opinion in their favor as well as pressuring their employees to do their bidding for them. They are a monopoly which needs to be brought down. I would not recommend any one to work there or to become a customer of this corrupt, incompetent joke-of-a-company who continuously lies to their employees, robs them of their pay and promotes people who do not deserve it. Stay away!

You all need to be replaced with people who have integrity.

There are newer employer reviews for Bell Canada

Worked for Bell Canada? Contribute to the Community!