There are newer employer reviews for Bell Helicopter

Bell it's a great place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Hurst, TX
Current Employee - Analyst in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Bell Helicopter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment you can be promoted and move up in Textron as well as Bell, and training and tuition assistance provided.

Cons

It’s a great company and that causes people to stay a long time which limits your ability to be promote without moving.

reviews filtered by

With respect to valuing people, easily the worst company I have ever worked for

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Hurst, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Hurst, TX

I worked at Bell Helicopter as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, but I was a contractor so did not apply to me. Worked with a lot of very nice, ethical, hard-working employees that became friends. However, In a better economy, many of them would leave at the first chance. Good work/life balance.

Cons

I was astounded at how many senior mgrs treated their people - devoid of even the most basic people skills; competency not rewarded - seniority and face-time more important; union mentality permeates the culture; upgrade of 70's era IT systems to SAP is not going to save the company without a major culture shift -which is being fought tooth and nail by several key departments

Your company is killing itself and will never be more than mediocre until above average performance and positive people skills are rewarded.

Enjoyable experience

Former Contractor - Developer in Hurst, TX
    Former Contractor - Developer in Hurst, TX

I worked at Bell Helicopter as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of very smart people working very hard.

Cons

Long hours and potential layoffs

Once you get to stable footing invest in a company culture that avoids layoffs. They cost companies more than management knows due to the type of behavior employees display. Employees hoard information, less willing to work as a team because they need to ensure they won't lose their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Bell Helicopter