There are newer employer reviews for Bell Helicopter

Experience at Bell Helicopter was not the best due to executive level management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bell Helicopter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for me to work here was the proximity of the Job to my home

Cons

The main challenges were career growth and gaining confidence in the management structure

Advice to Management

Their are many intelligent people working at Bell Helicopter who are not being utilized as they should

Oct 29, 2014Sr. University Relations

Thank you for your feedback. Management change is never as easy process and as we continue to grow we will take your feedback to our leaders.

reviews filtered by

Good company overall, but way too much management churn

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bell Helicopter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay (for some jobs), good benefits, great people, great products. I loved my job there better than any I'd ever had, right up until I got that tap on the shoulder, laid off by the new management that I did not know and did not know me.

Cons

The management is swapped around way too often, making a consistent direction impossible. The first thing the new managers do is dismantle everything done by the previous managers. Lately they're on a "outsource everything, AND replace engineers with outsourced ones" theme (from Indian contracting houses), for much, much lower wages. It's a sad day to see this in the American defense industry. It's catching on at lots of large companies. It's an ill-conceived way of attempting to escape runaway benefit costs perhaps. (unaffordable care act?).

Advice to Management

There has to be a better way of controlling costs than to toss out all your most loyal, hardworking, productive, experienced technical employees. Hopefully this little experiment will hurry up and fail and they can get back to hiring American engineers again, directly, without involving India. I keep getting calls from Indian companies wanting to know if I want to work for them at Bell, for 30% less pay! The favorite company slogan "Our most valued resource is our employees" could not possibly be more of a cruel joke.

Oct 29, 2014Sr. University Relations

Thank you for your comments. Management change is never as easy process and as we continue to grow we will take your feedback to our leaders. Staffing reductions are never easy, but they are ... More

2. Difficult times due to sequestration

Former Employee - Continuous Improvement in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Continuous Improvement in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bell Helicopter (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very dynamic product, some outstanding folks, decent culture.

Cons

Reduced government funding has caused a lot of pressure on the commercial side of the business. Additionally Bell is owned by Textron who is always looking for money.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to break free from Textron.

Oct 29, 2014Sr. University Relations

Thank you for your feedback. The U.S. government budget, and in particular budget sequestration, continues to represent a very serious challenge to the U.S. military. The active duty U.S. Army, for ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Bell Helicopter