Bella Pictures

www.bellapictures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bella Pictures

Doesn't appreciate it's Consultants

I worked at Bella Pictures

Pros

As a consultant, you work from home and have a flexible schedule during the day, as most appts. occur during evenings or weekends. As a part time employee, it can be a great supplemental income with minimal work. If you are great at selling, you can have more responsibility such as creating partnerships with local venues. They have great benefits for full time employees: full healthcare and 3 weeks PTO.

Cons

Senior management that has no clue how to effectively manage people or turn around a suffering market, you get the feeling the company is trying to screw you out of whatever they can (ie promises are not upheld, pay is cut), recruiters highly overestimate your earnings which I realized is what their business plan is based on leading to an entirely different problem that the way they've structured the company just does not work so there has been a trend to downsize and consolidate which means as a FT consultant get pay cuts and take on even more work. My biggest issue with Bella was the complete lack of respect for working hours. I was literally working 7 days a week, sometimes 14 hour days trying to complete their paperwork and following up with clients while being paid $23,000/yr plus commissions. In the end, I figured out my yearly pay was $35,000 when I was promised bw 50,000-60,000 upon hire. I could sell ice to an eskimo, so the problem was definitely not my ability or commitment to sell. Nearly every month there would be some issue with my paycheck (expenses or commissions wrong/missing). You just get the feeling that they don't really care about the people on the bottom and try to sneak past you whatever they can. I've heard that if you work in the corporate office though that it's a cool environment. My final gripe is their inflexibility with schedules. Yes, this is an evening and weekend job, but sometimes there are important events on weekends, like your best friend's wedding. I was told that I was passed over for a promotion because I was not available every weekend throughout the year. We need to be reasonable people!

Have realistic expectations of employees' schedules, invest in quality consultants by paying them a decent salary so you can avoid turnover and actually have people who know what they're doing, invest in motivational management with skills for overcoming obstacles, and be honest.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Bella Pictures (View Most Recent)

Bella Pictures - holding tight

I have been working at Bella Pictures

Pros

They are very committed to bringing the best wedding photography to their customers.

Cons

The current credit crunch has affected the business' ability to plan long term.

Work on communication with the middle management so that they can communicate to their direct reports.

Develop new market, promote and sell line of pretty handmade jewels.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Bella Pictures part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible hours and lots of exposure/Very dynamic environment.

Cons

A market competitive market with very small profit margin.

There are newer employer reviews for Bella Pictures