Belmont Village

www.belmontvillage.com
  www.belmontvillage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Belmont Village

Flexible with scheduling and friendly coworkers but little to no growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Pal in Cardiff, CA
Current Employee - Pal in Cardiff, CA

I have been working at Belmont Village full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A good majority of the workers are very friendly, flexible with hours, health benefits, bonus, workers comp. most of the managers are friendly.

Cons

Very little opportunity to move up, no raises. Salary is low. More pros than cons.

More growth opportunities

12 Other Employee Reviews for Belmont Village (View Most Recent)

The Good The Bad and the Ugly of West University

Former Employee - Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at Belmont Village full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good - The residents are beautiful. After working there about a year and a half the residents became more like friends. I also respected the well earned quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Bad - Most of the managers felt the staff's pain when it came to keeping the facility full. They were under deep pressure to cut cut cut and they did just that or else. Managers were hard on staff to save there own bonuses.

Ugly - There was also a great divide between management and staff. Most managers did not mingle with staff members. It was almost like working on a southern plantation. I am sure management did not see it that way but staff members felt it every day. There were some excellent staff members there. But there was no room for them to grow if you did not have a degree. There was a definite economic glass ceiling. Managers ate in the public bistro area and staff members ate in a little cramped hall way in the back. This fact was embarrassing for 2013.

Please create some management training programs for staff members. If you already have some please share that with staff members. At West University the staff is a goldmine of resident care talent.

I loved it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Belmont Village

Pros

I loved working with the elderly people. I definitely learned patience at that job, and gained an experience that I would recommend to others.

Cons

One of the downsides of working at Belmont Village was the indefiniteness of what was required of my position. We had tasks, but sometimes one worker would have to take on a lot of another workers tasks.

Be more clear about what each position requires while on the job. There are job descriptions given, but when you get down to the actual day on the job it can sometimes be unclear without some guidance from management

There are newer employer reviews for Belmont Village