Belo

www.belo.com
  www.belo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Belo

Enjoyed working for Belo in wonderful complex Downtown Dallas.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Belo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful building and equipment in great location in downtown Dallas. Pathway to move up.

Cons

I worked for the FM in a building which housed our station as well as the TV and AM. They sold the AM and then, due to mismanagement and greed, Belo lost one of the best radio stations in Texas. They sold 97.9 FM for $20 million to pay the interest on a loan for multiple television stations. The radio staff was tolerated instead of respected.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Belo (View Most Recent)

I had Fun working for KTVK, but I just got Burned Out!

Former Employee - Multimedia Journalist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Multimedia Journalist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Belo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Being Able to Meet some very good people out in Public.
    - People always recognizing who you are, you get respect.
    - Got some Incredible Opportunities that most people don't get to experience.
    - Working with your other colleagues from the other stations was Great! The Public thinks people from other stations don't like each other. It was actually the opposite, we liked being around each other for the most part.

Cons

- As a Multimedia Journalist, you are always on the run, driving everywhere. After a few years of this, you get Burned Out!
    - People always recognizing who you are, wanting to ask you if they can be on TV.
    - You can't really dress up in the job, because you get dirty from the outside, because of the dirt, mud, and snow.
    -The News is 24/7 and your schedule is Crazy!

The Assignment Desk, Producers, Executive Producers need to Communicate better with each other and the people out in the field. A lot of times, we get assigned to do something and the Assignment Desk would expect us to do the Impossible. So, I believe it will help if you had every Assignment Desk Editor, Producer, Executive Producer go out in the field for a week every year or two years, just to see what we go through out in the field to be able to understand what we go through out in the field.

Not worth the headache

Former Employee - Production Operator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Houston, TX

I worked at Belo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a top market with a CBS affiliate is nice on the resume. Equipment was ok. Has the potential to be a great station and place to work.

Cons

Not valuing your most important assets (employees) is at its finest here. The only people that get treated well are the Sales reps and onscreen Talent. The management style of "squeeze every cent out of your workers" proves they do not value the people who work to make the shows happen. Also, the "we're" broke as a company but pay big money to onscreen talent increases the distrust and of management.

Value your people. ALL of your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Belo