Beloit College

www.beloit.edu

Great place to gain experience

Assistant Director (Former Employee) Beloit, WI

ProsThe staff and faculty are wonderful to work with. People are always looking to help others both personally and professionally. The campus is beautiful and the students are very passionate in just about everything. The culture is very relaxed. Salaried 12 month positions usually get ~24 days off a year. This includes sick and vacation time. Another benefit is "Winter Break", all employees receive off between December 25- January 1st, termed "Winter Break". Different departments put on programs that help benefit other staff and faculty members as well as the Beloit Community such as: Athletics offers a night for parents to drop their kids off at the campus gymnasium for a small fee, the Wellness Committee puts on programs such as Beloit Colleges Biggest Loser, walking programs, and 2-5K Walk / Run events.

ConsThere are many opportunities to take on new roles and responsibilities, however there is a lack of salary compensation when new roles and titles are assumed. One of the positive aspects of Beloit College is its relaxed atmosphere, therefore one of the downsides to that is many times this get done last minute and everyone just focues on the fact that it got done. In addition to that, you often do not know what you are expected to do until the day of or a few minutes before. Being able to roll with whatever comes along is important at this college.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Senior Mangement only seems to feel that faculty are important. This is one of many reasons why they are losing good student affairs and support staff professionals. It is important to serve students both inside and outside of the classroom.

Student work: A true learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Beloit College part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly staff, attentive supervisors, creative atmosphere. Cons: Limited room for growth, few networking opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Supportive environment.

Campus Center Manager (Former Employee) Beloit, WI

I worked at Beloit College as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros: It was a very relaxed environment where I had the… Cons: The wage was a little disappointing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Beloit College.

Worked for Beloit College? Contribute to the Community!