Benchmark Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Benchmark Senior Living

Amazing Company

Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Wellesley, MA
Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere.
Supportive team.
Employees care for Residents.
Information Technology is doing a great job!

Cons

Instant Messenger communication would be beneficial to all!

Provide all users with IM.
Make employee schedules available to all for scheduling callbacks.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Benchmark Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Management tend to be uncaring about front line staff and only care about the bottom line!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Front line staff works incredibly hard to provide a safe environment for residents.

Cons

Home Office has no clue what goes on in the communities. They have lost touch with the employees who keep them in business. The majority of Executive Directors are so committeed to home office marching orders to make the number that they will make promises to both residents and staff that they have no intention of keeping. Why else would you have multiple turn over of Executive Directors in less than a year at Ashland Farm in North Andover? Home office does not even take care of their own never mind community employees. When you have 3 different home office "Directors" giving you conflicting stories there is definitely something wrong. Shame on you Tom Grape!

Mr. Grape I highly recomend that you get back to basics. You are making lots of money but you are allowing abuses to both your residents and your staff to run rampant in your communities.

If you want a decent work environment, look elsewhere!

Former Employee - Resident Care Associate in Shelburne, VT
    Former Employee - Resident Care Associate in Shelburne, VT

I worked at Benchmark Senior Living part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the residents and the majority of my co-workers.

Cons

I already posted a review under the company's former name, "Benchmark Assisted Living," but I felt it was important that everybody get an accurate picture of this company so I am re-posting under "Benchmark Senior Living". There is a huge disparity between management and front-line employees. Management is out of touch with what goes on on the floor, yet very critical. Managers have their favorites and those people fare very well, but the majority of employees go unrecognized for their achievements and hard work and are criticized when something goes wrong. Management repeats the mantra that we are "resident focused", but when it comes down to it showcasing the facility and keeping occupancy up is the top priority even if that means painting a false picture. I've been asked on several occasions to switch what I was doing just because I tour was coming through. On one occasion this meant leaving residents who needed care in order to run an activity just because a tour was coming through. Pay is so low and the stress level is so high that this job is hardly worth it. If not for the residents I would not have stayed so long.

Learn what front line employees actually go through. Spend some time on the floor. Ideally spend a day doing resident care. If this happened I think expectations would be much more reasonable, management would be less likely to criticize, and front line employees would get the respect they deserve.

There are newer employer reviews for Benchmark Senior Living