Beneficial Mutual Bancorp

www.thebeneficial.com
  www.thebeneficial.com
There are newer employer reviews for Beneficial Mutual Bancorp

Lots of responsibilities, decent pay, very little support from management. Not bad as a part time job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Burlington, NJ
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Beneficial Mutual Bancorp

Pros

Lots of discretion and freedom to respond to situations where immediate action is required. It is relatively easy to advance up the corporate ladder. Lots of discretion means lots of responsibilities, and lots of responsibilities mean a lot of accountability. The senior management treats employees very fairly. Enough room to learn and grow.

Cons

Its not very easy to approach the management. The senior management think very highly of themselves. The place is always understaffed and under-appreciated. Its a lot more work for the money (relative to other banks). Some branches are open on weekends. The support line for the employes working on weekends (like myself) is non-existent.

The management needs to think very carefully before implementing a new plan or idea and execute it very carefully. Needs to keep all the employees in loop at all times. Need to notify employees about any new changes before they let the customers in on it. Communication between different departments needs to tighten a whole lot more.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (View Most Recent)

It is not a bad place to work but there is little opportunity for advancement for a mid-level employee

Current Employee - Collector III in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Collector III in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Beneficial Mutual Bancorp

Pros

new CEO- who is young, energetic, but he cares mor about bringing in new people for nay openings and very little about the legacy employees who have stayed with the company before it expanded services by mergers and acquisition.

Cons

There is little or no opportunity for advancement vertically, and there have been may long-term employees pushed into early retirement or looking for a new job in a difficult economy.

devote more time and attention to the home-grown talent, and give them more opportunity to advance and be open to their suggestions.

Working at Beneficial, Is it for you?

Current Employee - Financial Adviser in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Adviser in Logan, UT

I have been working at Beneficial Mutual Bancorp

Pros

I currently work as a financial adviser with Beneficial Financial Group. There is no limit as to how much money I can make because I am paid on comission. I love this setup because it has changed my view from work more to earn more to work smarter to earn more. This is something I have never understood. In this position you get to meet and network with a lot of people. Some need help getting out of debt and some need solutions to having too much money and need help because they are paying too much in taxes. Beneficial is a company that stands up for what it believes in and is backed by a great organization. The 401(k) match is better than any I have ever seen. Most companies will do a one to one match up to five percent, and beneficial goes far above the one to one match. As an agent I can come and go as I please. Nobody cares where I am or what I am doing as long as I hit my goals each week and month. I am truly self employed without having to deal with getting my own benefits and other overhead.

Cons

As a financial adviser I do spend a lot of time working, and I travel a lot. Many times my work takes me late into the night. Even when I'm not at work I find myself thinking of work just as someone with their own business would. Working on comission may also be a downside to the job. It is good when things are going your way and very scary when they are not. There is no salary paid with this job. This promotes a do it or die attitude and helps weed out those who are not serious about the business. Last but not least the health insurance is fairly expensive. I have worked part time and paid much less for similar benefits.

There needs to be a program in place to help drive the cost of health insurance down the first couple of years. This would be extremely motivating to hit certain numbers to reduce the cost of the insurance. As you get older in the business the current program works very well

There are newer employer reviews for Beneficial Mutual Bancorp