There are newer employer reviews for Benefitfocus

I've had lots of opportunity at Benefitfocus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Benefitfocus

Pros

1. Lots of opportunity
2. Great people to work with (it's nice to work with smart people)
3. Nice work environment - feels modern, great perks and other fun stuff

Cons

1. The company is big enough now that a person's experience will depend heavily on his/her particular manager and department. There are a few managers that don't reflect the company's culture and need to go.
2. The pace is fast - can feel hectic. That is not for everyone.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Benefitfocus (View Most Recent)

Benefitfocus was a great company to learn from and gain experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at Benefitfocus

Pros

I enjoyed working at Benefitfocus. Everyone was very nice and welcoming and I could always find help or advice when needed. I feel I have learned so much and had a good experience working for such a fast-growing, software company. I enjoyed working with and learning from all the people I had the opportunity to work with. One Place was a huge event for this company and I am glad I had the opportunity to help out as much as I could. And Fun Fridays were always something to look forward to!

Cons

This is a growing company, and I could tell a lot of people had many tasks on their minds and deadlines to meet. I tried to help out as much as I could, but I feel like I could have had more projects/responsibilities to help ease the workload of others, given the opportunity.

The management at Benefitfocus does a really good job at showing employees they are appreciated. Even if it is a simple card where some team members signed it, just for recognition of something small that you did, it never goes unnoticed. This is what I wish many other large companies would take a lesson from as employee appreciation and recognition is always important.

My expereience has been exceptional, the people great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Benefitfocus

Pros

I've found Benefitfocus to live up to everything I was introduced to while being vetted for the job. I was told upfront what was required, what the values of the company were and what the job description was - all accurate. The pay is right on. I do what I love to do and there is creative room for growth. The people are extraordinary as far as kindness, being optomistic and hard working. The environment is open and energetic - occasionally a party atmosphere pervades when some buiness activity closes or software goes live. I'm sure a book will be written about this company as a case study for doing it right.

Cons

There are some personalities you have to just work araound. Engineers are a fickle bunch anyway. Some who have been here for a long time think they are the keepers of the BF way when they are just in the way.

Never stop learning about people. The larger BF gets the more concern should be taken over managers becoming more popele oriented.

There are newer employer reviews for Benefitfocus

Worked for Benefitfocus? Contribute to the Community!