Awesome Company and fast growing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Daniel Island, SC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Daniel Island, SC

I worked at Benefitfocus for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Great Perks and free lunch. Soda and water all the time during working hours. Parties for celebrations for a lot of different event.

Cons

None, that I can think of for this work place. It is exciting and fun filled environment where dedicated employees can excel if they apply themselves properly.

None

Other Reviews for Benefitfocus

Need to take a long, hard look in the mirror

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The people are amazing. There is something about having everyone "down in the trenches" that does foster a camaraderie.
    - If you are lucky enough to have manager(s) that recognize that you are doing a bang up job, you can get some nice bumps in salary.

Cons

- Absolutely no work/life balance. You will work about 60-70 hours a week during the busy season (sometimes more) and sometimes that much during the "off season," which is really rough for those with families because the busiest times are around Thanksgiving/Christmas.
    - Management continuing to lie about "things getting better." This company couldn't care less about changing the way things are or they would have done it already. The only way things will change is if they start ticking off the clients and they cancel.
    - Culture is weird. They have these "core values" that mean nothing now. Anticipatory Service...that's a good one, if you have the time to do anything more than answer the 150 emails you get a day from cheesed off clients. Respect the Individual...if there was any respect for the people that work for this company, they would work to make things better for them. Celebrate...the only time I ever heard people celebrating is when they got work off their plate. If I have to hear another cowbell, my ears would bleed.
    -Sales team running rampant, saying anything and everything just to get someone to sign on the dotted line. Legacy clients are just pretty much ignored in terms of complaints and enhancement requests.

Stop with the lies, you aren't fooling anyone anymore. Word has gotten around that Benefitfocus is not a good place to work. Actually figure out a model that WORKS for your employees. If you're going to market/sell this product as a high-touch 24/7 product, then you need to build a model around it that makes sense instead of leaving 1 person to deal with 30 angry clients all the time.

The best and worse Job I ever had

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Charleston, SC

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time

Pros

Hires new grads
    Free stuff during OE

Cons

Work you like a slave
    Cult-like culture
    No diversity
    Anorexic Women and men
    Advancement only if you are white.

There are newer employer reviews for Benefitfocus.

Worked for Benefitfocus? Contribute to the Community!