LOVE WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY

Current Employee - Business Administrator in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Business Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so nice, everything is amazing. EVERY FRIDAY YOU CAN BRING TWO BEERS TO DRINK THE LAST HOUR OF YOUR SHIFT. Seriously. Work here if you can.

Cons

None. Absolutely none. I'm call center, and I adore my job. CEO is so nice, so relateable, if you can work here, DO IT

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Other Employee Reviews for Benefitfocus

1. I work at the coolest place in the world!

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great inclusive atmosphere -filled with smart, hardworking people. Ofcurse we work hard when we are growing so quickly! There is tremendous room for growth because of this and its great to be rewarded for hard work. Lots of rewards during our busy time free food every day, massage tables, etc.

Cons

Growth is very rapid and can be disjointed at times from other departments

Pretty sure they paid for these 5 star ratings.

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Good for someone straight out of college or has no job experience. •Benefitfocus seems to have a good reputation to people that have never worked there. (Good for getting a job somewhere else) •If you liked high school then this is the place for you

Cons

•Senior management fight amongst themselves and are in charge of departments where they do not know the actual work. •Contrary to their "culture" there is no work life balance. Be expected to be at their beckon call and work 50-60 hours all the time. •Plenty of blame games going on without researching the issues. Client is ALWAYS right even when they are not. •There are ABSOLUTELY no processes in place. •No training....thrown into the snake pit. •A few end up carrying all the weight with less pay and no recognition. •Be prepared to be thrown under the bus by your own department as well as by others. •Very stressful work environment...do not let them tell you that it is only during OE (open enrollment) •Nothing works as designed. Be prepared to do your work over and over due to a release or some other department messing with the application and totally wiping out all your work. •Don't let their swag blind you to how you are just a number and you are replaceable. •CEO doesn't know or care who you are. Just wants to sell the company to make himself richer. •I have no idea how this place keeps getting Best Work Place in SC. I firmly believe that they offer a tshirt to have people do these surveys.

Advice to Management

Learn what your people do and get on the same page. Compensate and promote within.