There are newer employer reviews for Benefits Data Trust

My two years of working here turned out to be the single most fulfilling, challenging experiences of my career so far.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

*Their approach to nonprofit work makes it possible to reach thousands of clients a month, and at the end of each work day I had no doubt that I’d made a difference in many people’s lives. *I’ve always had a lot of responsibilities on my plate at BDT and was always supported to find my own best way to handle those responsibilities. *Since leaving BDT I do not expect to find any other position that matches the support they provide to their employees. Each staff member meets regularly with their supervisor whether they´re in need of improvement, exceeding expectations, or simply meeting their performance standards. *There is a ton of room for growth in this dynamic organization. They were founded a mere 6 years ago, and are still forming. They constantly experiment to find the best way to accomplish their goals. Creative ideas are solicited and often implemented immediately.

Cons

This is not the job for someone looking for easy work. Its for someone who is ready to work hard, and wants to get on board with a team of dedicated coworkers to make a difference in the lives of older adults struggling to pay their bills.

Advice to Management

Benefits Data Trust helped me grow professionally in a supportive environment. I was sad to leave and still miss the work. I know it won’t be easy to find that kind of experience again. They saw in me more than I saw in myself and pushed me to do what I didn’t think I could do. Their encouragement helped me know I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to. And despite all the good work that I know I’ve done for BDT and the populations they serve, it is I who owe them. They’ve given me self worth in the workplace, and made me a stronger, more competent professional.

Other Employee Reviews for Benefits Data Trust

My experience at BDT was mostly a waste of time, but I did learn about how narrow-minded people can be.

Former Employee - Benefits Outreach Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Benefits Outreach Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

It is something to put on the resume. If you are unemployed and this is all you can find other than a fast food restsurant job, then work at BDT.

Cons

Management is really one-sided and does not like being challenged. They ask for feedback, but they are only looking for compliments. Management is strict about political correctness, but people in management are nasty themselves in many ways. They cannot be trusted to keep their word. It is best to keep a low-profile and get out of there asap.

Advice to Management

Be grateful for your employees, keep your word no matter what, and change the schedule to allow for more free time and an hour lunch. Make sure that the political correctness policies and any other company policies are applied to all equally.

2. good idea bad company

Former Employee - Benefits Outreach Specialist in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Benefits Outreach Specialist in Phila, PA

Pros

casual dress and great COWORKERS when I was there. Pay is solid in comparison to other Non profit agencies

Cons

Management is a joke! There is no room or flexibility at all. They make ask your opinion but they dont really want it. You get pulled into meetings and put on probation constantly over the slighest "wrinkling of feather" to direct superviors. I am extremely professional and they are not at all, but promote it then dont follow their own rules. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT AT ALL. THERE IS NO SENORITY AT ALL!!! Sure you help people most of the time but it is a pain in the A#$, especially when youhave to call seniors out of the blue and ask them 100 questions to complete an application. This job is perfect for someone who likes to suck up to management and loves talking on the phone to incompetent, hard of hearing seniors.

Advice to Management

Award your devoted and hardworking employees who have been with you through the ups and downs of company changes. Hire competent friendly people, not a bunch of college drop out bums.