Benihana

There are newer employer reviews for Benihana

A great stepping stone!

Current Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL

I have been working at Benihana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working staff! Everybody is warm to each coworker. Hardly ever had any trouble working with them. The managers are amazing. They can be very strict on you if you just started but they are actually nicer. :) Oh and we get free Employee Meals which are cooked by our own chefs themselves. And we get 50% off for dining in!! :)

Cons

We have to work on holidays, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Christmas, New Year all except Thanksgiving. The tipping system too can be a bit of a problem between the servers and the chefs. Work can be very overwhelming if you just started. A lot of people don't last for a week or so.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Benihana (View Most Recent)

A place I would like to go back to

Former Employee - Server in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Benihana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% off discount for employee meals.Nice environment to dine in.Can get good tips during weekend.Nice co-workers,Nice managers.There is not too much side works

Cons

Have to give more than 50% of tips to chefs and also share with bartenders,buss people and sushibar chefs.Mr.shopper come over monthly.

Keep doing good works and try to protect your employee from being treated with poor tips.

The most unorganized place of employment

Former Employee - Server in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Benihana full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A very simple job and 50% off food

Cons

Been in this business for 10+ years and this is the most unorganized place I have ever worked. The managers know nothing of what is going on in their restaurant and rely on the "head" server which tends to act as though he/she owns the establishment.

The management staff should first and foremost actually manage their stores. He/she has no idea what actually goes on in the location (mainly Coral Springs). The only time that one cares is when a higher employer visits i.e. regional manager and so forth.

There are newer employer reviews for Benihana