There are newer employer reviews for Benihana

Following company standard is significant. Customers and employees are equally important.

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Benihana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

equal opportunity for people from different part of the world.

Cons

everything depends on our business.

service is everything. employees are everything as well.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Benihana (View Most Recent)

Terrible job if trying to earn enough for a living. Good for teens.

Current Employee - Lounge Server in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Lounge Server in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Benihana part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, 50% discount and gaining experience

Cons

At my location, on the lounge side of the restaurant, there are no bus boys, runners, or anything. Just you, the bar, and the sushi chefs. You are your own bus boy, which means, when you are alone, you may be overwhelmed with over 10 tables whilst having to take the dishes to the back while the management sits back and relaxes/favors the teppan side of the restaurant. Did I mention as you sweat your life away, you split tips with everyone who is working on that side with you that day plus the sushi chefs, so you leave with a whopping $25 worth of tips? Wonderful. Teppan servers earn $100+ a night, but wait- you have to be there for at least a year. But be warned, sometimes they will just settle for an outside hire with restaurant experience instead of granting you your well deserved promotion.

Be professional and show leadership, not favoritism.

A great stepping stone!

Current Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL

I have been working at Benihana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working staff! Everybody is warm to each coworker. Hardly ever had any trouble working with them. The managers are amazing. They can be very strict on you if you just started but they are actually nicer. :) Oh and we get free Employee Meals which are cooked by our own chefs themselves. And we get 50% off for dining in!! :)

Cons

We have to work on holidays, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Christmas, New Year all except Thanksgiving. The tipping system too can be a bit of a problem between the servers and the chefs. Work can be very overwhelming if you just started. A lot of people don't last for a week or so.

There are newer employer reviews for Benihana