There are newer employer reviews for Benjamin Moore

Once was a great place to work but now it is very depressing, sales are down and company has become a revolving door

Current Employee - Manager in Montvale, NJ
Current Employee - Manager in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at Benjamin Moore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits package, nice office building, pride in premium product

Cons

Stressful and unhappy environment, highly political with less emphasis on building the business than building their own careers by upper management who have no experience in the paint and coatings industry, too many good people have been let go or are leaving.

Focas on building the business, the product is now too expensive and competitors' products are only slightly behind in quality. Leadership, direction and dedication are lacking and you are not treating the employees well.

253 Other Employee Reviews for Benjamin Moore (View Most Recent)

Not what it used to be....

Former Employee - Information Technology Coordinator in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Information Technology Coordinator in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Benjamin Moore full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Free lunch was about it toward the end..... Good benefits, 401k, Good hardworking people, Good product

Cons

Always restructuring management…… Too many VPs and directors now too many good people lost along the way. Employees always fearful of loosing their jobs is not good for production.

Value your dedicated long term employees. Good luck getting that kind of pride and loyalty form an outsourcing company!!!!

Worst work experience

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Benjamin Moore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounted paint. Quality product. Continuous improvement initiatives.

Cons

When leaving the company I was told that my relocation would not need to be paid back. 8 months later, I received a notice from collections for the money. There is poor management at the manufacturing sites and a revolving door at the senior leadership level. I would not recommend working at Benjamin Moore. After 8 months of working at a competitor, the difference is clear. The business model is not viable and the experience of working at Benjamin Moore is not good.

Treating former employees fairly is important to the reputation of the company. This sentiment is consistent with the Foundations principles of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Benjamin Moore