Bentley Bratcher & Associates

www.bentleyassoc.com

This is a great place to work if you would like learn quickly through self-reliance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI grew thicker skin after working here, and my critical-thinking skills were enhanced because I was forced to learn things on my own. I also had to learn to not take things personally when management corrected my work. I learned to put my feelings aside when feedback was given. My pay was fair based on my experience level.

ConsEven though I learned to not take things personally at work because of this job, the manner in which feedback is given could use improvement. Management used derisive language to correct employees. I have heard partners scream curse words when things go awry. As a matter of fact, I recall the partner screaming so loudly in the phone that his voice cracked. The work environment is very not as professional as what I would expect for a CPA firm.

I am a generally optimistic person who chooses to not focus on only bad things. I am very loyal and don't change jobs often. I actually like public accounting because it affords the chance to work with clients one-on-one while utilizing technical accounting knowledge. However, not long after working here, I found myself dreading waking up every work day because of the volatile work environment.

Hostile Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bentley Bratcher & Associates full-time

Pros: The firm provides the standard niceties like free snacks and sodas, dinner once a week during busy season… Cons: This is the most hostile work environment I, or anyone I know, has ever experienced. The owners have no issue with screaming, cursing and telling… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to treat people with decency and respect. Lead by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ups and Downs like every job, average in the public accounting field.

Staff Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Bentley Bratcher & Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros: Opportunity to learn all aspects of the firm if you desire. They start you out with a laptop w/remote access and a key to come… Cons: Absolutely no training manual or schedule. Pretty much expected to be working on projects alone the 2nd day. Not quite sure who answers my questions… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on developing a core structure or policy manual. I understand significant strides have been made since 2010 but there… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bentley Bratcher & Associates.

Worked for Bentley Bratcher & Associates? Contribute to the Community!