Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bentley Prince Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bentley Prince Street CEO Anthony P. Minite. All reviews posted anonymously by Bentley Prince Street employees.
Former Employee – worked at Bentley Prince Street
Pros – Some great people are there and President does his best to motivate people with little perks despite the interference from corporate environmental which causes much stress to many and lowers moral.
If you are interested in the carpet industry, you will learn a lot there but at a cost. I recommend you keep searching and learn it somewhere else where there is less turmoil.
Cons – I agree with all previously comments (company not visionary, inconsistent message from management) and I add more...
- Company claims to be sustainable but runs some of their people (#1 resource) into the ground.
- Not an even playing field. Some "favorites" (who make rather serious mistakes costing company >$50,000 in losses) are not 'dealt with' at all. Others are seen as "disposable" and let go for various bogus reasons. Beware...company has history with many who were good talented employees simply cast aside. Others see this happen it lowers morale.
- HR has long history of turning their back on employees unless they are obligated by law to do something - maybe this is legal but totally unethical. Beware of crossing senior management/corporate because HR will not come to your defense regardless of how good your performance, sacrifices or accomplishments Company claims to be one of the best places to work in L.A. but still has many personnel problems especially communication despite all "Strengths" being beat into everyone.
- Production does not hold weekly staff meetings with key staff (operations, maint./eng., EHS, ISO) which is so inefficient. Weekly meetings are pretty standard in medium-large manufacturing.
- There are many times when staff spends extra time chasing down info, holding emergency meetings and playing "catch up" especially if direction on projects has to be adjusted mid-stream. This happens much to frequently. This wastes time and resources. So much for sustainability.
- Comany management has adversial relationship with corporate environmental adding to difficulities of running plant efficiently. She runs the show and no one (including President) has any veto power. Environmenal programs at times conflict with other company goals and objectives so that precious manpower, time & money are wasted on foolish projects that could have been spent on more critical projects or improving bottom line. This causes frustration at manager/supervisor level and lowers morale.
Advice to Senior Management – Don't make promises you can't keep. Employees see it (or hear about it through rumor mill) and it lowers moral. Give power back to President Minite where it belongs for running the plant and making decisions.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2011-06-26 14:14 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.