Bentley Systems

www.bentley.com

Good people, good benefits, poor process and decision making at times

Sales, Technical Sales, Product Management (Former Employee) Exton, PA

ProsThe people at Bentley are, for the most part, very friendly and helpful. Bentley definitely promotes a "family" atmosphere with it's employees, sometimes to its detriment. I found advancement opportunities to be there for those with strong industry backgrounds and ambition (I was promoted 3 times in 7+ years at Bentley). After my first promotion, I found the salary structure to be on par with the rest of the industry, perhaps a small bit lower, but overall a good experience.

ConsLots of, long tenured, "deadwood" middle management with little to no specific industry related experience for their positions. Marketing for some industry segments and product lines was literally non existent. Too many man hours lost to laborious process, LONG conference calls, and having "doers" reporting to "deadwood" middle management. In short, the "doer" to "deadwood" ratio was 180 degrees from what it should be in an industry leader. With 4 separate verticals (Civil, Geospatial, Building, Plant), and hundreds of applications/solutions in the overall portfolio, Bentley tends to be a "Jack of all trades, master of none" as it lacks a specific focus. The sales compensation model was confusing to say the least, and was more and more unachievable every sales quarter over 7 years it seemed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire or promote people with industry experience to management positions when dealing with a specific industry. Too many middle managers that have been relocated to other industry segments within Bentley with no industry background, specifically in sales. It cost quite a few sales in the group I worked in for 7+ years. Make the sales compensation model more fair and more simple for Account Managers. Many good sales people were lost from feeling slighted by the sales comp model.

Great experience, not so great pay.

Director of Sales (Current Employee) Exton, PA

I have been working at Bentley Systems

Pros: Experience is at a premium with Bentley. It's both good and bad. You… Cons: If anyone can actually figure out the compensation plan, they probably have… Advice to Senior Management: Don't change your entire go to market every 6 months. There is no way… More

A great, laid-back, with good people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Exton, PA

I have been working at Bentley Systems

Pros: Jeans every day, smart coworkers, laid back enviroinment, great benefits Cons: As with anywhere, cost is a huge factor in decisions. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bentley Systems.

Worked for Bentley Systems? Contribute to the Community!