Bergstrom
www.bergstrominc.com Rockford, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good JOB to have. Decent benefits, But dont expect a carreer.

Team Assembler (Current Employee)
Joliet, IL

ProsBenefits are mostly decent, very stable job. They will go out of thier way to accommodate any time off you need most of the time.

ConsPay raises are not performance based, they are a small percentage across the entire company (2%-3%) per year. (not even cost of living). 50 hours per week at a min in most positions. Usually more, which in my opinion is too much. Not much room for advancement. The largest single raise you will getis through thier "mastery program" ($1.50 hr)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should stop treating people like children in there policies and disciplinary actions. Oh and base they pay on performance, then folks might acctually do what you want them too.

Overall very disappointing.

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Bergstrom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Consider only as temporary employment not a company for long… Cons: Treatment of hourly and front line management boarders on abuse,… Advice to Senior Management: Bergstrom ownership/management, please consider a full operational review of the Joliet operations. A full review of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a Place to Stay for too long.

Assembler (Current Employee)
    Joliet, IL

I have been working at Bergstrom

Pros: Insurance, very steady work. lots of overtime available (but it is mostly mandatory 50 hour weeks). If… Cons: At the Joliet Locations we are "Sub-Contractors" for Caterpillar. which is a fancy way of saying that Caterpillar Does not want… Advice to Senior Management: Communication needs to be More Clear, Direct, and Available More Offten. Also,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bergstrom.

Worked for Bergstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bergstrom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bergstrom CEO Jack Shaffer. All reviews posted anonymously by Bergstrom employees.